Chapter 6

Markus

     I watched as her face lit up at the sight of Carl's house and I asked her if something was possibly wrong.

     "No, nothing's wrong. It's just been so long since I've seen that house." She said grabbing my hand as she began to run towards the building.

     She dragged me behind her as we ran together.

     The scene was like one of a child running to her parents for candy and kisses. I could hear her laugh, and it brought joy to my heart to have her be so happy. I made my way up, running next to her, and noticed out of the corner of my eye that there were a few tear drops rolling down her happy, smiling face. I had to remind myself that those tears were shed because of happiness, not sadness.

     Once we made it to the front of the house, Y/n stopped to catch her breath as she bent down. She let out heavy breaths and inhaled quickly.

     As she rested, I took the time to think about the reason for her running in the first place. She could possibly have a relationship with Carl.

     But she might have a relationship with Leo as well. And if either were the case, I could understand why she wanted to make her way here quickly.

     I stopped thinking about the subject as Y/n stood up walking beside me as we entered the house. I held the door as Y/n made her way inside.

     I watched as her eyes darted around, observing every inch of the room we stood in. Her footsteps were faint and slow as she walked in circles. Her smile widened at every step, making my own grow with hers.

     "Would you like to see Carl now?" I asked as she took one more spin and placed her eyes on me.

     "Yes. Where is he?" She asked glancing towards the birdcage for a moment then back at me.

     "He should still be in bed but I will go wake him up for you. It's about time for his morning call anyways. I said closing the door behind me. "You can seat yourself in the living room while you wait." She smiled at me for a moment as I continued.

     "I'm sure you know where it is," I said returning the smile as wide as hers. I made my way up the stairs and into Carl's room to start our daily routine.

     I drew the curtains, waking Carl almost instantly, and spoke happily to him.

     "Good Morning Carl. It's ten AM. The weather is partly cloudy, fifty-four degrees, eighty humidity, with a strong possibility of afternoon showers." I said walking over to sit on the edge of Carl's bed.

     "It sounds like a good day to spend in bed." He replied as I grabbed his medicine bottle.

     "I did go to pick up the paint that you ordered," I said connecting both pieces as I sat beside him.

     "Oh yes. I had forgotten." Carl said, adjusting himself to sit upright.

     "Can you show me your arm please Carl?" I asked as he replied playfully with a simple

     "No."

     "Carl," I said as he handed me his arm. I inserted the medicine into his arm and began talking again. "I didn't just bring the paint back with me though," I said as Carl looked at me perplexed.

     "What else did you bring?" He asked as I placed the bottle back onto the table beside his bed.

     "You'll have to get out of bed first." I paused for a moment and continued. "First, let's head to the bathroom and get you changed," I said carrying him to the restroom.

     After he had finished in the bathroom, I changed him into appropriate clothes for today and brought him to his wheelchair. I watched as the stair lift brought him down the stairs and placed him down again, joining him as I made my way down as well.

     Once I brought Carl into the living room, his eyes immediately drifted around the room in search of whatever I brought home.

     "Where is the surprise, Markus?" Carl said as Y/n sat up from one of the cushioned chairs. As soon as she stood, Carl looked at her in shock at her unexpected presence.

     "Y/n? How in the world are you here darling?" He asked as Y/n ran up to him giving him a huge hug.

     "Surprise." She whispered into his ear, her voice filled with excitement as he hugged her back just as tight.

      "You don't know how happy I am to see you, sweetie."

Thank you guys for everything! I know I haven't posted for a few days and I wanted to make up for them. I love you guys so much! Talk to you guys later!

Love, Author

-Disclaimer-

I do not own the video game Detroit Become Human. (As much as I would love to) This book is only a reproduction of inspiration.