1 BAYLEIGH

Bayleigh's runners high hits

1) Walk on Water-30 Seconds to Mars
2) Party in the USA-Miley Cyrus
3) In the End-Linkin Park
4) Till' I Collapse-Eminem
5) Unstoppable-Sia
6) Monster-Skillet
7) Firework-Katy Perry
8) Thunderstruck-ACDC
9) War Pigs-Black Sabbath
10) Thunder-Imagine Dragons

The first day of senior year. I groaned at the thought of it as I shoved my air pods in my ear. I wasn't going to let anything ruin my school year...anything. I bent down to tie my shoes, while "Party in the U.S.A" blasted in my ears. Every morning I get up and I go for a run before school. I'm an athlete, a track athlete at that; and after that is cheerleading, so...no days off. Even during summer vacation, I got up to run. My routine was to run through the park, run to town, stop by the coffee shop for Dad, and then home to get ready for my school day.

Today was a little different. Let me start with where I'm getting at. No one has lived in the apartment across the hall since I was ten, when Dad and I first moved in. Agnes was a sweet old lady with a ton of cats. She spoke to me every morning when she came to the door to grab groceries or packages that were delivered. She never left her house much, but she did make the greatest strawberry cheesecake. She would leave a whole cake at our door and ring the doorbell. But then something strange happened. At one point, I hadn't seen Agnes outside of her house for a long time. Deliveries at her door began to pile up as days went by. Dad and I didn't think anything of it. We figured she was on an extended vacation.

Until one day during one summer, I noticed the packages were a little more than usual in the hallway. As I approached Agnes' door, I could hear all of her cats meowing incessantly. I told Dad about the cats, and he went over to check on things. That was a bad idea. We don't know exactly how long she'd been dead, but it was long enough for her cats to start eating at her corpse. Dad said it was a seizure. After that, the landlord didn't rent out the apartment for eight years...until now.

Now that we're up to speed. Now, the hallway, across from me, was littered with boxes, suitcases, and other things. I was curious as to who the new neighbors were, but I didn't have the time today for warm welcomes.

I placed my air-pods in my ears and began my run. After a few moments, I found myself running in Bessemer Park. It was one of my favorite places near the house to run. I was near the large duck pond, making my way over the bridge, letting the guitar riffs of ACDC fill my ears. I looked out at the pond water, twinkling from the rising sun. I loved this time of day.

And to my surprise, Bessemer wasn't too full this morning with its usual candidates. The candidates consisted of overly worked out, juiced up muscle heads, and female joggers who more so want to be seen than actually exercise. We had the aristocrats who walked their, Bischons, Afghan hounds, and inbred doodles.

And of course, what would Seattle be like without it's few homeless people. As I rounded the corner near a large, stone, war hero memorial, I slammed shoulders hard with someone. I turned to see it was a guy. He was six feet tall, with shoulder-length dirty blonde hair pulled into a low pony. His body was medium built, ripped , and semi-hidden under a black tank.

He wore a pair of black sweats and Air Jordan retros. Around his neck, he wore a thin, leather, choker-like necklace, with what looked like some sort of medieval emblem dangling from it. On the left side of his neck was a tattoo that looked like a puzzle piece.

Down his entire left forearm was a sleeve of what looked to be a weird witchy tattoo, and down his right arm was a sleeve filled with a plethora of tattoos. In his right eyebrow was a silver, studded piercing. And in his ears were black stud gauges. He looked to be around my age as his greenish-hazel eyes glared at me. I reached up and pulled out my air-pods. He mirrored my motion.