17 BAYLEIGH

"Have you got your dress for prom yet?" Ethan asked.

We were sitting on the couch in my living room watching a movie. Ethan had his arm over the back of the couch, while I sat close to him with my legs crossed on the couch.

"Not yet, the girls and I were going dress shopping Saturday" I explained, still focused on the television.

"Good to know you still want to go".

"What does that mean?" I questioned.

"Well, you know you didn't want to go to the Valentine's dance, I wasn't sure how long this whole anti-social thing was going to last" Ethan explained.

"I'm not being anti-social" I said.

"You didn't go to the Valentine's dance, which we usually go to every year. You leave every party early and Jenelope said you haven't been helping the rest of the squad with the fundraisers" Ethan explained.

"Maybe I could if the fundraisers didn't conflict with my track schedule, and I'm getting a scholarship for track, not cheering" I explained, looking at him.

"I'm just saying you've been M.I.A. lately" Ethan said.

Behind us I could hear dad rummaging through the fridge.

"Hey Mr. Tate" Ethan called waving a hand in the air.

"Hey Ethan what's up?" dad smiled, grabbing up his things and heading for the front door.

"Not much sir" Ethan said feigning a smile.

"Alright baby girl I'm going by the hospital but I'll be back in a few hours" dad explained. "Ethan I want you gone in one hour".

Dad held up a finger to gesture before going out the front door closing it behind him.

"That gives us just enough time to fool around" Ethan smiled.

He leaned in and began kissing my neck. I turned to look at him and he slammed his lips into mine, moving in closer, using his weight to push me into a laying position. Our lips overlapped as he gripped my hips and continued kissing me. Once our lips parted I turned my head.

"Ethan, Ethan maybe we shouldn't" I said pushing him up a little.

"What, why not?" Ethan questioned.

"I really just want to watch" I answered, pointing at the t.v.

"You're joking right?" Ethan frowned, leaning up and back into his upright sitting position.

"I'm really not" I said.

"But I thought maybe we could..." Ethan smiled seductively.

"When the time is right" I said.

"Why not now?" he frowned.

"It's just not the time" I said.

"What is wrong with you lately?" Ethan frowned.

"There's nothing wrong with me".

"Yes there is, you've just been real distant lately".

"I've been busy. Between track, trying to keep my grades steady and tutoring I haven't had time for anybody" I explained.

"You've had plenty of time for that cowboy" Ethan grimaced.

"Sam, his name is Sam and that's only because I tutor him".

"How do you know he's not lying about being stupid? How do you know this isn't all some ploy just to get you?" Ethan questioned.

"He's not stupid and if he wanted me, I'm pretty sure he'd find a better way to get me than fail a class just to get me as a tutor. Plus have you seen his tract record at school? He's had plenty of girls that are WAY hotter than me" I explained.