Episode 2: Bounties and Adventures

It had only been a week and half since Varian started adjusting to life in the Owl House and since Eda's petrification. Luz still had the portal key after she had destroyed the portal door to stop Belos from using it.They've been taking on some bounties to earn some money like the Garlog for about 4,000 snails. But it turns out that the Garlog was just a little creature using his shadow to look bigger and frightening. They managed to trap the Garlog in an empty bottle, after getting the poor guy out of King's mouth.

Once they returned to the Owl House, Luz decided to make a video to send to her mother to tell her about all of their adventures on the Boiling Isles. Luz mentioned in her video that she was trying to find her way home, although King didn't want her to leave. Suddenly they hear an explosion followed by someone saying "Sorry! I'll clean it up!"

Luz went up to Varian's room with her phone to see what the explosion was about. She found Varian who was now wearing a new witches cloak. "This is Varian, he's also trapped in the Boiling Isles, he's an alche- alchem what was it again?"

"Alchemist." Varian answers.

"He's an alchemist, he has this pet raccoon called Ruddiger, he's from a kingdom called Corona. Which he won't talk about." Luz says in a sad tone, having sympathy for Varian. "And when he is ready to talk about it, we'll be there for him." She put a hand on his shoulder and Varian gave her a smile

Luz went on with her video showing Eda who was now powerless because of her curse. She was cursed by her own sister, Lilith who ended up splitting the curse with Eda and is now staying at the Owl House. But Eda kept finding new ways to make up for her lack of powers and since she can't sell human junk, they had to find a new way to put food on the table hence the bounty hunting. "So mom please don't be scared, I'm growing more and more everyday to do my best to become a full fledged witch and get home to you safe and sound. Te quiero, Mama. Te lo prometo, regresare a casa pronto." Luz spoke as she stopped recording.

However, when Luz, King, Varian, Lilith, and Eda brought their bounty catch to the market, they discovered that the Emperor's scouts were trying to get other witches to join their coven. And their luck got even worse when they brought in all the creatures they caught for a single snail, which half a snail after Eda complained. She tried to use magic but nothing happened, everyone looked at her with pity looks or they were just not afraid of her anymore. Lilith smugly pointed out that her image still commands respect and fear, at least according to her poster. Seconds later someone burned Lilith's poster down.

Varian did feel a little pity for Lilith until he noticed the new poster which had a picture of the same guard that he had met when he escaped Belos' castle. "The Golden Guard? Did you know him in the Coven, Lilith?" Luz asks.

"Unfortunately, I did. He always had special treatment because he was the genius teen prodigy, but he's really just a brat. If he's in charge, Vomit." Lilith says as she throws the poster at the garbage but it came back and got stuck to her face.

Luz figured that all of them could use a confidence boost so she recommended that they could take on the biggest bounty they could find. As Luz dashed towards the bounty board, Varian found himself staring at the poster of the Golden Guard. He couldn't help but wonder who was behind the mask. Luz chose the bounty about a Selkidomus that's been ravaging boats up and down the coast and it was worth 1,000,000 snails. But Eda quickly shut down the idea; they needed to keep a low profile while her powers were weakened. Eda pointed to another wanted poster with a creature called "The Abominable Cutie Pie''.

It was a tiny creature that Luz caught on top of a statue but she, King, and Varian could overhear Eda's conversation with Lilith. "Things aren't looking great Lily. This bounty hunting stuff isn't putting food on the table." Eda says with a sad tone. Lilith then mumbles due to the picture still stuck on her face.