Episode 14: Reaching Out

Luz was the first to wake up in the Owl House but all her shuffling and running around the house woke up Eda, King, and Varian. Eda tried to ask Luz what was wrong, but she kept avoiding her question and acted stranger around them. She handed Varian a long list of her goals, three of them were to successfully build a portal to the human realm, learn every glyph combination, and figure out what Belos is planning. Luz pulled out a new combo that she called the safety hover after she used it on Ruddiger who almost fell off a shelf. She even started working on a new door with Hooty but it's still a work in progress.

Luz even took Varian's Penstagram to talk to Hunter as her castle insider for information on Belos. Varian quickly snatched his Penstagram back from Luz; he didn't want Luz to see all his messages to Hunter. Eda pointed out to Luz that she was trying to avoid something. Luz stated that she wasn't, but she knew that she couldn't lie to Eda. Luz told Eda, King and Varian that today was special for her and her mom. They have a ritual they do; she didn't want to talk about it, but she only told them that she missed her mom. King figured that she could use a nice healthy distraction to take her mind off her mom. Luz agreed and told Eda that she could go for a griffin egg.

Eda and King went into the kitchen to cook breakfast, Varian stayed with Luz. Just then Amity walked in claiming that she had a problem, and it could distract them all day. Luz dragged Amity to the couch "Tell me all about it and don't spare a single detail." Luz said, excitedly.

Amity began to tell Luz and Varian about how she wanted to participate in the Bonesborough Brawl tonight and win the champion belt. However, when she asked her dad if he could take her, he said no and told her that she'll be going to the emperor coven tryouts since her mother signed her up for it. Alador had already prepared an abomination as a chaperone to make sure that she gets there. She tried to tell Alador that she didn't even want to go to coven tryouts, she wanted to enter the Brawl and win the belt just like Alador did. But he didn't even listen to her and just shooed her off with the abomination.

Amity didn't even want to join a coven anymore; she even tried to disguise the abomination because she was so embarrassed by it. But it looked like it had gotten dressed in Eda's closet. "If I may ask, why is the Brawl so important to you?" Varian asked.

"The Bonesborough Brawl was the one cool thing my dad did before joining the Abomination coven. It would've been nice to share something with him." Amity stated.

She then pulled out a picture of her dad when he won the belt, standing beside him was Darius who was holding Alador's hand and smiling. Amity also heard that Darius was going to be at the Brawl, and she thought this would also be a chance to ask him about what happened between him and her dad. Luz already had the perfect idea; Amity ditches the tryouts and enters the brawl without her dad knowing. Amity and Varian figured Luz would take the chaotic route. Plus, this could be Amity's way of telling her dad that she doesn't want to join a coven anymore. Eda overheard Luz's plan; she loved going to the Brawl and it would make Amity get the abomination out of her house.

Amity agreed to give it a shot; she used a spell to make her voice sound like Alador's and ordered the abomination to fetch her a rare and difficult to find emerald dagger. The abomination bought Amity's trick and left the house. "That'll keep him busy." Eda stated.

Amity reminded them that her dad cannot find out that she ditched tryouts, at least not until she wins that belt. Luz told her that she knew some people that could help. She, Varian, and Eda quickly got dressed then headed down to the brawl with King and Amity. Her older siblings, Edric and Emira came to help at the brawl. "We're proud of you, sis." Emira said.

"Yeah, you're becoming more of a delinquent every day." Edric finished.

Emira asked her brother to give Amity his concealment stone, but he denied that he took one. The two started to wrestle until Emira found the concealment stone hidden under Edric's sleeve. She took it off revealing what Edric really looked like, he had rectangular glasses on his face, a head band that pushed his hair back and he was wearing a yellow shirt. Emira even gave up her stone to give Amity a little extra flair. Her braid hair was undone and messy and her face was covered in pimples. Amity clicked the stone together then it gave her a new look, she wore a cute dress, gold earrings, pink sunglasses, and a little pink vial on her side filled with abomination goo; her hair was in a tight bun.