Episode 8: Eclipse Lake

I decided to post this right before I head to the Taylor Swift concert tonight. I'm so excited.

Hunter returned to the castle after Hooty had owlnapped him, but he was happy to see Varian again. They started writing letters back and forth and even having Ruddiger be their delivery raccoon so the emperor didn't get suspicious. His uncle had been working on the portal door almost every night and it started to worry Hunter. He didn't have the real key so he created one but everytime he used it, it would explode and the portal door was still closed. Belos would show up and demand to have the portal ready or he would pay.

In the shadows, Hunter was there watching his uncle work on the portal door. He remembered all the stories that his uncle used to tell him about the Human Realm. Hunter had overheard Belos threaten his uncle which made his blood boil. He noticed that his uncle wasn't wearing his mask, his hair was long, he had blue eyes, and a scar that ran along his face that was a sickly green. His uncle knew Hunter was here and he just came out of hiding. "Hunter, I know what you're thinking. Don't do anything. Belos can make us more miserable." his uncle stated.

Hunter didn't understand why his uncle was so afraid of Belos, what he was doing to all these wild witches was wrong. "Then maybe I can help. I heard about Kikimora leading an operation at the Knee. I can go there and help." Hunter suggested.

His uncle told him no and then he stated that Hunter will stay in the castle and not go to the Knee. After what had happened with the palismen and Kikimora's attempt to kill Hunter, his uncle had become crazy overprotective. His uncle took him out of the lab and up to their room then he left. As soon as Hunter was sure that his uncle was gone, he decided to sneak out of the castle and head to the Knee.

Back at the Owl House, Amity had everyone in preparation for any of the emperor's scouts to arrive. She had Hooty and Eda secure the perimeter and build up their defenses. Willow and Varian gathered supplies like food for everyone, even Amity's cat palismen Ghost helped. Gus and King came into the kitchen with different DVDs of different music that Eda had given them. Amity looked shocked to learn that Eda was still inside when she was supposed to be with Hooty. Amity walked into the living room to find Eda grunting and screaming.

"Ah, don't mind me. I'm just learning how to turn into Harpy Eda on command. According to these human workouts, you just gotta scream a lot until you force your inner beast out." Eda stated.

Amity reminded Eda that they had a crisis on their hands but Eda assured her that everything was fine. Amity brought Eda to Luz's room and gestured to her girlfriend who was sick in bed, acting loopy with socks on her hands. Eda stated that Luz just had the Common Mold; the Boiling Isles version of a cold. Amity reminded Eda that Luz was a human so they weren't sure who the Common Mold would affect her. Amity had to take the key from Luz because she almost tried to swallow it.

Since Luz's phone doesn't work with Amity's scroll, she found two tamagotchis for them to use to communicate with each other. Luz pulled hers out and typed "your pretty" to Amity. She was still trying to figure out how it worked. Amity closed the door to Luz's room, she was going to prove to Luz that she is an awesome girlfriend. "Feels like just a few months ago, you almost got her dissected by your crazy principal." King stated.

Varian wanted to ask about that but that was when they heard Luz scream. Eda kicked down the door and found Luz pointing at the Echo Mouse who was playing the diary entry. The diary showed Philip explaining that he had found a power source that can pierce through realms, Titan's Blood. The Titan's veins run through the land and create small wild portals when a little bit of blood leaks into the water. The place that has Titan's Blood was Eclipse Lake. Luz finished sketching out the map to Eclipse Lake just as the Echo Mouse stopped playing the diary.