Episode 20: Mirror, Mirror

The group managed to find the caravan in Westrabbit woods and thanks to Eda and the witches, the caravan got fixed. But Rapunzel and Cass still hadn't talked about what happened at the Great Tree which was making things tense. Cass ended up using a Wand of Oblivium to erase Rapunzel's memories which made her think that she never left the tower. Cass managed to get the ingredients for the potion, which was fifty-two ingredients, but she had to lie to Rapunzel that she was taking her back to the tower. But Rapunzel caught onto Cass's lies and she almost dropped Eugene and Lance into piranha infested waters.

Cass gave Rapunzel the potion and her memories came back. Rapunzel and Cass finally talked about what happened at the Great Tree and now they were free from the burden. Soon everyone piled into the caravan and took off to continue the black rocks path. Unfortunately, being stuck in a cramped caravan wasn't all that it's cracked up to be. It had been raining for a week straight, so the caravan was leaking water from the cracks in the roof. And all of their little ticks have been getting on each other's nerves and sometimes it would get to the point where they would try to strangle each other.

Luz and Varian were actually relieved to see and feel the normal rain and not the boiling rain from the Boiling Isles. The girls kept to one side of the caravan while the boys kept to the other side of the caravan, but the ticks were getting annoying. Cass mostly worked on her training, but she also got annoyed with Rapunzel's quill scratching away in her journal, along with Lilith and Eda's molten feathers. Amity and Luz would read Azura books most of the time which annoyed Eda because she hated the flowery writing. Then came the thing that annoyed them the most, Lance and his whistling.

All of the girls went over to the boys' side of the caravan to get Lance to stop. They saw Eugene preening himself in the mirror, King had a pillow over his ears while Hunter and Varian were mostly reading Demenitis's journal. Cass and Eugene started to argue, and Lance resumed his whistling which got Hunter annoyed then he threw a pillow right at Lance. "Hey, what was that for?!" Lance shouted.

"Your whistling was giving me a migraine." Hunter stated.

"Oh yeah? And what do you know about music?" Lance asked, harshly.

Everyone broke into arguing which was annoying the palismen and Ruddiger. Suddenly, there was a loud crash coming from outside and the caravan came to a complete stop. Rapunzel went outside to check what was going on, and it turns out a tree had fallen in front of them, and the caravan was stuck in the mud. Cass figured that they'll just have to wait out the storm in the caravan until Rapunzel spotted something from the window. It was an inn that was entirely made up of seashells. Cass told her that the place was creeping her out but as usually, Rapunzel didn't listen and went towards the inn.

The others followed after Rapunzel; Cass eventually joined the others after getting soaked from a new hole in the roof. They walked in the downpouring rain towards the inn; Rapunzel knocked on the door and a strange man opened it. He had long platinum hair in a ponytail, a mustache and spoke with a French accent, he said that his name was Matthews. He was more than welcoming to Rapunzel and her friends, except he had the horses wait in the stables. When all of them got inside the inn, Matthews took one look around before shutting the door and locking it. They followed Matthews who was leading them to their rooms where they will be staying.

However, Eda and Lilith could shake the feeling that something was off about this place. Matthews pointed out that there are refreshments in the lounge as well as enough rooms for everyone. Rapunzel promised Matthews that he won't even know that they are here, but the others weren't helping her case. "So, Mr. Matthews, what is this place called?" Luz asked.

"It's called, The House of Yesterday's Tomorrow." Matthews answered.

"Yesterday's Tomorrow? So today then." Lilith stated.