Episode 13: Any Sport in a Storm

At the castle, Hunter was in his room working on something special for Varian. Since they started going out, Hunter wanted to give Varian a special gift to show how much he loves him and because Varian wrote to him that it's his birthday. Hunter was trying to sew together a special patch on a small bandana, but his stitching was horrible. There was even a bandage and staples on it trying to hold the patch on. Flapjack was perched on his shoulder giving him a weird look at what he was making. "I know. I have no idea what I'm doing." Hunter said to Flapjack.

There was a knock at the door, Hunter told Flapjack to hide then he went to open the door. When he opened the door, he was shocked to see his uncle in his scout uniform, he didn't look too good. He was about to pass out, but Hunter caught him and led him to the bed. His uncle had pulled another night shift working for Belos, which worried Hunter. His uncle had been working day and night on the portal and small jobs that the emperor assigned him. Sometimes his uncle would skip meals or avoid sleeping and that made Hunter worry. He knew his uncle was enduring all this just to keep him safe, but Belos mostly enjoyed seeing him suffer.

The door flung open again but this time, it was two guards; one of them threw a letter at Hunter's face then slammed the door shut. Hunter grumbled before opening the letter, it was from Belos ordering his uncle to lead the coven heads for the day since his duties were keeping him busy. Hunter looked over at his uncle heartbroken, he already had enough on his plate and Belos was making things worse. So, he decided that he will lead the coven heads for the day. He made sure that he wore his golden guard uniform then tucked his uncle into bed. He whispered to his uncle that he would take care of his duties for the day.

Before leaving he grabbed the bandana and hid it then walked towards the throne room. However, he saw almost all the coven heads leaving the throne room instead of staying for the meeting. Hunter tried to get them to come back but they all refused to listen. He marched into the throne room to find Eberwolf and Darius looking through scrolls. Hunter demanded Darius to tell him why the coven heads were leaving when they were scheduled to have a meeting. Darius groaned with annoyance then he turned towards Hunter. He told Hunter that all the coven heads agreed to reschedule the meeting.

"You can just go play arts and crafts or whatever it is you do." Darius stated with a smirk.

He then spotted the bandana Hunter hid and snatched it from him with his abomination hair. Darius chuckled at Hunter's poor attempt to sew and that made Hunter mad. He tried to get the bandana back, but Darius gave Hunter a smirk and decided to keep it. "Just give it back Darius. It's a gift for..."

"Your new boyfriend?" Darius asked.

Hunter's face went pale "The cat delivering your letters was a giveaway. But this..."

"It's a work in progress. And it's a raccoon not a cat."

Darius didn't listen and just walked away with Eberwolf, muttering about how falling in love was just a waste of time. Hunter wasn't sure what Darius's problem was, but he knew he had to come up with another gift for Varian. Then he remembered Varian told him that Hexside was having a club fair, he figured that there might be something he could find for Varian. However, he didn't want to just abandon his uncle and have him suffer. But he figured that it would just be a quick look, he'll be in and out without anyone knowing.

At Hexside, everyone had been preparing for the club fair. Luz and Amity were trying to get more people to join the Azura book club. Willow decided to start Hexside's first Flyer Derby team and be the team captain just like her dads. Gus offered to help Willow at her booth to get people to sign up. Varian wanted to look around the clubs to see what might interest him besides his alchemy. He started taking up drawing in his journal about all the adventures he was having in the Demon Realm.