Episode 10: Forgiveness

Luz finally built the portal thanks to all of Eda's apocalyptic junk which were some of the ingredients including the blood from the key. She went through the portal first, but it was different than the first one. She was in a strange in between world where she could mention anyone's name and she could see them as a reflection. She used it to see her mom, but she also found someone else there too, herself. But it turned out to be a demon from the demon realm named Vee. She was looking for a safe place to live and run from her past.

Luz figured that Vee could keep living in her place, but Vee needed magic to transform so Luz tried to help her. Vee tried the cafe where Eda had left some magic pastries, but the workers threw them out in the back which made some rats talk. Vee saw some teens that were playing with Eda's old Hexes Hold'em card as tarot cards. When Vee asked the girl where she got them, the girl wanted to do a reading first. The girl claimed that Vee was running from her past, a previous life that wasn't kind to her. However, the fear and guilt that Vee carried will catch her eventually.

The girl told Vee that she got the cards at the Gravesfield Historical Society, Vee left feeling uncomfortable from the reading. The museum guy told Vee that he had the cards in the back room and told her to wait. Vee broke down and told Luz about her past; she was a basilisk that had been brought back by Belos along with four others. They wanted to know how basilisk drained magic from other beings. One day she and some other basilisk escaped from their cages and ran away from the castle. She was always afraid that Belos would catch them once more.

That was when she saw Luz in the market before and took the chance to head through the portal door. She disguised herself as Luz and she has been living with Camila ever since. When Vee was done telling her story, she started smelling something that was coming from the back room. She opened the door and was horrified with what she saw, this museum guy had set up traps and cameras that had caught Vee turning into her true form. She panicked and tried to run but she got trapped in a cage and instantly turned back into her basilisk form.

This guy was crazy, he knew that demons and witches were real, but he didn't really know about the demon realm. He planned on hurting Vee, but Luz wasn't going to let that happen. She told her mom everything that was happening and even about her adventures in the demon realm. Camila gave the guy a beat down with her own slipper and brought Vee back home. She told Vee that she had a home with her and Luz. Camila was trying to hold it together in hopes to see Luz again. Luz was being pulled back by Varian, King, and Eda. Luz promised her mom that things will be different.

The portal door collapsed within, and Luz told Varian, Eda, and King about what she saw. Luz apologized to Varian about him not being able to use the portal. But Varian surprised Luz with a portal of his own, it wasn't exactly like Luz's door, but the result was the same. Luz tied the rope around Varian's waist and told him that if the portal is beginning to collapse, they'll pull him out. Varian walked through the portal and found himself in the same place as Luz was in before. He remembered Luz had just spoken her mom's name and she became a reflection to see her.

Varian decided to test it by saying Luz's name then a cube floated in front of him then he was himself in the reflection of the window of the Owl House. He wanted to try using it to see Hunter, but he quickly remembered what he was here for. He still wasn't sure if he wanted to see the princess first, he was still scared that Rapunzel wouldn't forgive him. So, he called out Eugene's name and the cube showed his reflection on some weapons in a barrel. He looked around and saw Eugene and Max the horse right in front of him.

Varian could hear everything Eugene was saying, they were on a prison barge and there was a mutiny with every bad guy that he and Rapunzel had put away. Max pulled out a sword from the barrel telling Eugene that they should fight. Eugene tried to say something, but he saw Varian's reflection in the sword, and he almost let out a scream. "Please don't freak out!" Varian quickly spoke.