Episode 18: The Great Tree Pt 2

Varian came across another incantation but this one was for the moon stone. He gave it to Rapunzel to try out, and she started to say the incantation. "Wither and decay, end this destiny. Break these earthly chains and set the spirit free."

At first nothing happened until she started to say it over and over; something dark began to happen. The plants and the ground around them began to wilt away, everyone began to feel weak and sickly. Cass tried to call out to Rapunzel, but her voice was stranded. Rapunzel's eyes turned a pitch-black color like she was possessed, she started singing the incantation in a haunting melody then her long braid unraveled itself and turned black. Varian didn't seem to be too badly infected, but his hair stripe started to glow. He tried to hide it but he felt something take him over. His eyes turned pitch black like Rapunzel's, and he started saying the incantation.

Eugene, Eda, and Lance ended up in a room with a carnivorous plant that sprayed Lance and Eugene with a hallucination gas. The two were laughing and singing until the flower's vines grabbed them and started to slowly lower them into the flower's mouth. Eda was trying her best to fight the vines and avoiding breathing gas. Just then Max and Pascal jumped into the fight, Pascal was getting the vines on Eugene and Lance while Max and Eda fought off the vines. Max ended up getting sprayed by the pollen and he saw Pascal and Eda as demons. Eda then got the idea of having Max chase them around the plant, so Max's hoof stomps made cracks in the floor.

However, below them, Rapunzel and Varian were still under the influence of the incantation. They both were still chanting the incantation as everyone else grew weaker and weaker for being near them. Cass tried to get up and call out to Rapunzel, but she was too weak to even speak. Adira couldn't even help since she only took a few steps before collapsing. Hunter had some strength to get close to Varian but when he touched Varian, his gloves melted. He begged Varian to snap out of the trance and told him that he loved him. Within seconds, Varian and Rapunzel both collapsed into the lake, Rapunzel's hair returned back to normal.

Cass immediately ran to Rapunzel to check to see if she was ok and thankfully, she was unharmed. Hunter cradled Varian's body in his arms; Varian woke up and then Hunter kissed Varian's forehead. "You are never to use that incantation again." Hunter stated.

Cass apologized to Rapunzel that she was supposed to protect her, but Rapunzel told her that she was ok. Suddenly, the ceiling collapsed above them, and it was the flower from the other room that had fallen through. The flower opened up to reveal Eugene and Lance still under the pollen effects, Max fell into the water as Eda flew down with Pascal on her shoulder. "So, what did we miss?" Eda asked.

After that whole debacle, they all continued to walk up the path which led them to the halfway point. Everyone was exhausted and tired by the time they reached it. Adira suggested that they camp out here for the night then continue in the morning. Cass immediately wanted everyone out of the tree this instant, but Rapunzel went with Adira's idea. Cass started blaming Adira for Rapunzel finding that incantation and making her read it. Rapunzel tried to reason with Cass, but Cass wanted her to ditch Adira and get out fast. Rapunzel told her that she couldn't; Cass got annoyed and ended up calling her naive.

"Enough, Cassandra!" Rapunzel shouted.

Everyone was shocked at her outburst, mostly Cass when she backed away a few inches from Rapunzel. "No one is getting rid of anyone. Is that clear?" she angrily stated to Cass.

Cass looked at their friends who were still reeling in shock at Rapunzel's outburst, Cass called Rapunzel "your highness" then she stated that she'll keep watch. Rapunzel immediately regretted her harshness to Cass, but she had a hard time talking to her. Lance and Eugene gathered a few pieces of firewood, and they were trying to start a fire but kept failing. Amity stepped in and used the fire spell to light the wood. Rapunzel was interested in their magic, and she started asking questions about the demon realm and their magic. Luz was more than happy to answer Rapunzel's questions.