Episode 4: Echoes Of The Past

Luz has been trying to figure out some more glyph combos for her to use. "Luz! I need your help. I think Francois is trying to start a rebellion." King says as he points at the pile of stuffed toys.

"In a minute, King. I'm getting so close to figuring out this glyph combo." Luz claimed.

"It's always glyphs and portals with you these days. What about King?" King says annoyed.

Luz told King that he could ask Varian to help him with his "rebellion." King walked over to Varian who was sitting on a chair reading his favorite book, The Tales of Flynnigan Rider. King shook Varian out of his reading and asked him if he wanted to play. But Varian said that he was a little busy and asked King if he could have Lilith to help him since she was in the Emperor's Coven. King looked over at Lilith who had messy hair and dark circles, staring at the paper. He shook his head saying no way.

He noticed Hooty giving Lilith a cup of tea and calling her Lulu and she was being nice to Hooty. King looked a little freaked out and figured that Hooty was blackmailing her, but Luz told him that they were actually friends. Luz cracked a new combo that turned herself invisible, but it only lasts long when she holds her breath. Lilith looked impressed with Luz's new glyph since she got the idea from one of her history books.

Lilith stated, "Fascinating as the lead historical scholar of the emperor's coven, my aid can really be helpful-" she got cut off when she tripped and landed on King's pile of toys.

"An ambush! Men, defend your ruler!" King exclaimed as he threw a stuffed toy at Lilith only for Hooty to deflect it.

Hooty pretended he was dying in her arms; Varian thought it was a little funny when King claimed that the King of Demons doesn't yield to anyone. Of course, Lilith rained on his parade saying that there has never been a king of demons which made King throw another stuffed animal at her. He told his story about how he was the mighty king of demons until an evil spell was cast on him turning him into a smaller version of himself. "Oh? What happened to your crown of power?" Hooty asked, smugly.

"A trifle! That was just to test Eda and Luz's dedication to me. They passed. My real crown is still out there. But when I shrink my memories got fuzzy." King says as Luz puts a hand on King's shoulder.

"How convenient. A hole in your memory for each hole in your story." Lilith stated, bluntly.

King told Lilith that he remembered the army's bowing, eating the best feasts, and a memory of falling which he thinks was the spell that shrinks him. Luz started cuddling King like he was a little puppy. Lilith and Varian look at each other and then King "Your dedication to farce would be charming if it weren't so sad." Lilith snipped.

King stomped away in anger calling Lilith ignorant for calling him a liar. Luz told Lilith and Hooty to stop making fun of King since the story was important to him. The least they could do is play along with King. King returned with Eda and Lilith's palismen saying that they were going to his castle and prove that Lilith shall regret ever doubting him. Luz agreed to come and so did Varian, Lilith wanted to come since King questioned her historical expertise. She asked Hooty to come along and he somehow squeezed his whole body into a backpack birdhouse.

It grossed everyone out, Varian literally threw up and Ruddiger fainted. Everyone left the house and flew into the sky. Varian was loving the view "This is great! I feel like a bird." Varian says, mesmerized.

It took them almost the whole day of flying but King led them to an island surrounded by mist that he claimed to be his castle. Lilith looked confused at what they were seeing, an island that's never been on any maps. They landed then soon they had to hike through the forest since the treetops are so thick that they couldn't land any closer. King led them to an old tower that was hidden behind bushes and the entrance was blocked by boulders. King squeezed his way through the cracks to find another way in for the others.