Episode 21: You're Kidding Me!

After the group's first night in the House of Yesterday's Tomorrow with the mirror monsters, they were well-rested and ready to leave. But despite the mirror monsters; they all thought that the House of Yesterday's Tomorrow did offer a good night's sleep. But when they walked towards the door, it was nowhere to be found, they were trapped. They began to search for a way out of this house but no luck. Cass almost got sucked into a room with a black hole and Eugene almost got attacked by giant dogs in the dog kennel. They were almost about to give up when Shorty told them that he had found a way out.

They all followed Shorty to a giant nursery that was filled to the brim with toys. "Shorty, this isn't a way out," Cass complained.

"Well, not with that attitude it's not," Shorty stated, jumping on a trampoline.

Before Cass could even get a word in, everyone ran off to look around the nursery. Luz, Eda, and Amity were snuggling almost every stuffed animal. Gus was fascinated with everything and tried out all the toys. Lilith and Willow were just watching Rapunzel and Eugene chatting about how to deal with kids. Lance, King, and Shorty were playing with toy swords, but Hunter came over and snatched the sword away to tell Lance that they needed to focus. Even Varian agreed with his boyfriend as he joined them with Cass. Cass was about to walk away when she spotted a beautiful spiny top on the shelf.

King climbed up the shelf and grabbed the top before handing it to Cass. "Come on, Cass. Live a little." King stated.

Cass put the top on the floor and began to spin it. But suddenly something strange began to happen, the top started glowing and something happened to Cass, Varian, Hunter, Lance, Short, and King. After the others were done playing with the toys, they decided to continue trying to find a way out. Just then, they heard the sounds of children giggling outside the nursery. They followed the sound to the dining room where they saw three little kids that looked a lot like Lance, Hunter, and Cass having a food fight. Eda spotted a tiny version of King eating some of the mashed potatoes that had landed on the floor.

Something tugged on Rapunzel's dress, she picked it up and it turned out to be Shorty as a baby. Eugene got hit by an egg from young Cass, "Tag! You're it, Fitzherjerk!" young Cass said.

"And that's them." Luz stated, "Except for Varian."

Rapunzel handed baby Shorty to Eda so she could find Varian; she found him hiding under the table, sound asleep looking like a three-year-old. Rapunzel picked him up from under the table and held him in her arms. Now they needed to figure out what turned them into little kids. Eugene tried ordering Lance, Cass, and Hunter to tell them what happened, but it didn't work. Cass and Hunter just kept messing with him while Lance only asked if he wanted to play. Rapunzel decided to try and talk to Lance but she got bombarded with dumb questions that Lilith had to help her.

Eugene tried to talk to Cass again, but she just flicked him in his ear and ran off, laughing. "Nice to know that young Cassandra is just as pleasant as Cassandra Classic," Eugene complained.

While Lilith was dealing with Lance's constant questions, Rapunzel was more relaxed having tiny Varian in her arms. But the peace didn't last long; young Hunter, Cass, and Lance now started to circle Rapunzel like she was a maypole. Eugene had to help calm them down but of course, Lance took one look at Pascal, and he wanted to hold him. The poor creature was terrified seeing Lance and Cass reaching for him with their grubby hands. He made a run for it, but Lance and Cass chased after him. "Lance always loved animals as a kid," Eugene stated.

"Kind of like Luz when she first met King. She cuddled him to death." Eda pointed out as she saw Luz and Gus playing with baby King.

Rapunzel didn't see Willow anywhere, so she took Varian with her to the nursery to find Willow. When she got inside the nursery, she heard someone crying. She followed the sounds to a toy shelf where she found Willow, but she was younger. Rapunzel calmed her down and gently asked her what happened. Willow didn't say much, she just handed Rapunzel the top. "The top? Is that what caused the transformation?" Rapunzel asked.

Willow nodded her head, but she didn't say anything. She hid when Matthews showed up in the nursery. "I see someone has got into the nursery! Ahh. The Ol' Top of Time. The older you are, the younger it makes you." Matthews explained.

"Mr. Matthews, please. Do you have any idea how to change our friends back?" Rapunzel asked.

"Surely, it's a cinch. Simply find the top and spin it in reverse." Matthews answered.

"OK, that seems easy enough," Rapunzel stated.

"Of course, you only have one hour to do so, or they'll remain kids forever. Or you could leave things as they are. You know what they say, you know, 'To be young again is... good.' And it would seem you have taken advantage of one of them." Matthews stated before leaving.

Rapunzel went in search of Willow after she ran off to hide. That was when Amity and Luz came into the nursery to tell her that they lost Cass, Hunter, and King. Eugene had taken young Lance to the bathroom when they turned their backs for just a second and then they were gone. "Just hurry up and find them. We need to spin this top, or they'll be kids forever in an hour!" Rapunzel said in a panic.

Luz and Amity ran out of the nursery to tell Eda, Lilith, and Gus about the time limit. Rapunzel walked around the nursery, searching for Willow. She suddenly heard little sobs coming from behind a pile of stuffed animals. She followed it to see that it was Willow curled up in a ball. She asked Willow why she was crying. Willow muttered the words, evil man which Rapunzel suspected that she was talking about Matthews. She put little Varian down then she hugged little Willow to comfort her. She promised Willow that she would help protect her. But she also asked if Willow had seen the top anywhere in the nursery when she ran to hide.

But before Willow could speak young Lance, Cass, and Hunter came running into the nursery like little tornados. The others came running in just then; Eda had baby King in her arms. Luz spotted the top on the floor near the shelf, but young Cass grabbed it and started playing keep away. But thanks to Gus he managed to get the top and turned everyone back to their normal age. Now all they had to do was find a way out of this place. But there were more secrets in this House than they knew.

So, I couldn't write part 2 of this chapter so I just made it the whole thing. Sorry for the unexpected stop. But now I'm updating this book on Mondays that way I can also work on some other books I have been sadly neglecting.