Episode 11: Follies At The Coven Day Parade

After Luz's attempt to visit her mom, she has been trying to make a video for her mom to try and convince her that the Boiling Isle isn't that back. She hasn't been very successful; the video has Hooty shedding his skin, Bosha attacking Luz, and the detention pit. She looked disappointed at how her video had turned out. Varian was glad to be back on Eugene and Rapunzel's good side. He decided to take the diary with him to Hexside to read more about making a portal. He told Luz that things were going to be ok.

After school, Varian and Luz were waiting for Eda and King with Gus and Willow. Those two were talking about what theories they have about Belos's face behind the mask. Gus thinks the emperor is just shy or he's just too handsome that people can't focus on what he says. Willow just thinks that there's a mirror underneath and that the real emperor was society. Luz wasn't paying attention to her friends; she was still looking through the video she made. Gus asked Varian if he got a look at Belos's face when he came out of the portal.

Varian stated that he never got the chance since he just made a run for it. Luz only managed to chip off a piece of his mask, but she never saw his face. Amity joined in with her theory which was that Belos was scarred from wild magic. Luz got startled but she relaxed once she saw her girlfriend. "Hola batata." Amity spoke in Spanish.

"Did you just call me a sweet potato?" Luz asked.

Amity got a Spanish cookbook from Gus so she could learn some Spanish to impress Luz. Luz was definitely impressed since she was blushing up a storm. She called Amity a sweet potato which made her face turn bright red. Amity then asked Luz if the Titans Blood came in handy which made Willow and Gus ask if Luz had visited her mom. Luz wasn't sure how to tell them that her mom made her promise to never come back to the Boiling Isles when she returned home. So, she lied and told them that she hasn't used the door yet.

"Oh. Ok." Amity replied, "What about you Varian? Did you use the door?"

"Did you see the princess? I bet she forgave you." Gus stated.

Varian shared with them what had happened when he used the door and how Eugene and Rapunzel had forgiven him. They suddenly heard Owlbert's hoots which meant Eda and King were here to pick them up. Luz gives Amity a quick kiss on the cheek before getting onto the staff and flies away. Varian followed them from behind on his own staff. Luz was unaware that she had left her phone with Amity. They flew all the way to Bonesborough, Eda promised Luz that she would help convince her mom to let Luz visit the Isles or use a charm that turns people into obedient zombies.

When they landed in town, they saw lots of scouts walking around and decorations being set up in every nine covens. Varian and Liz looked a little confused about what was going on. King stated that the scouts were just preparing for the annual Coven Day Parade. "Balloons, Fireworks, Floats. And even a small dance in the town square at the end." King spoke.

"Oh, it's just a fancy way to kiss the emperor's..."

"Eda!" Varian shouted.

"Whatever. I'm just here to pick something up." Eda stated.

Eda, Varian, and King started walking away, Luz was about to follow them until she heard someone, Kikimora who was on a call with her mother. She overheard Kikimora's conversation with her mother about returning home, but she couldn't or Belos would end her. Her mother forced her to choose, or she'll be banished from her home then she hung up. Luz joined the others at the Private Inspectergator booth feeling a little down. King knew just how to cheer Luz up besides bread puns and that was hot gossip. King blurted out that Eda had hired someone to spy on her ex, Raine Whispers.

Eda's cheeks turned bright red "Did you read my diary?!" she asked King.

"And they're Head Witch of The Bard Coven! And they also..."