☆ 1

C H A P T E R  O N E

C H A P T E R O N E

Today, the sun graced the day, that's actually what make a morning better. A simple appearance of sunlight was enough to elevate Kaya's mood.

While everyone tends to romanticize the moon, for Kaya, the sun held unparalleled beauty. In her eyes, it was the most exquisite thing on Earth, capable of transforming an ordinary day into something extraordinary.

Her favorite things, like flowers, looked better with sun.

Even her hospital room seemed brighter as sunlight comes through the window.

A smile graced her face; the sun had the magical ability to infuse joy into her day. Each sunny day was a small victory, a reminder she was alive.

She hoped the day she dies will be sunny.

"How do you feel?" Asked her doctor, Kim Arin, when she listened to Kaya's heartbeat with a stethoscope.

"Recently, i was good. It's been a long time since I've been hospitalized, does it mean my heart is getting better?" The student smiled.

Arin gave her a glass of water with a medicine. "There's no change, takes that medicine your heartbeats are going a little fast today."

She kept smiling even tho she didn't get good news about her heart.

She placed the pill in her mouth, swallowing it with a sip of water before returning the glass to her doctor.

"That's good you keep smiling Kaya."

"Maybe there's no change but at least, it's not getting worst. That's why i keep smiling."

Her positivity was able to make everyone smile, Arin couldn't help but smile at Kaya. With a gentle pat on her head, Arin, who had been her doctor for many years, shared a connection that went beyond medical consultations. They truly understood each other.

Arin began to look after Kaya even more since the age of twelve, when she lost her mother who had the same deadly disease. A heart disease.

"I wish all my patients were as positive as you are." Doctor Kim slightly laughed, "You're doing good. Tell me, you already know what you're gonna eat tonight?"

"Mhh, my father makes the dinner tonight, we're gonna eat nakji bokkeum."

"Ohhh I'm sure your dad is doing it so well."