☆ 11

C H A P T E R  E L E V E N

Usually, Kaya is always at school before Riki. But today, he was first. He sat at their table and waited till she arrive.

The class started, still no Kaya here.

Riki thought maybe she's just late, maybe that silly girl forgot to set up her alarms.

He waited and waited.

Her seat was empty and he hated that, he saw her seat empty so many time for the past three years and it was never good.

At the same moment, Mai arrived in class a little late. Riki hoped to see Kaya with her but no, she was alone and walked to her seat next to her boyfriend.

Mai felt so sad, Jungwon noticed it and even Riki noticed it. Her eyes were red, like she just cried.

"Miss Jina, i'm sorry, can i go to the bathroom?" She asked with a shaking voice.

"Yes, go quickly."

Not even a second after she passed the door, Riki left the class as well without even asking the teacher.

"Wait!" He called Mai as she turned around to face him, "Do you know why Kaya missed school today?"

When she heard Kaya's name, her eyes looked down and she was trying so hard to keep her tears.

"Jay called me, she wasn't breathing this morning. Usually she's awake before Jay but today when he woke up she wasn't up yet so he went to her room and she wasn't breathing."

Riki was thinking about the worst, she's dead now or the hospital is gonna save her? He lost his balance as he heard the new.

"the ambulance took her to the hospital."

A team of doctors arrived rushing into the hospital pushing the rollaway bed as fast as possible into the operating room.

Several doctors had to leave what they were doing to help Kaya lying on that hospital bed.

A doctor was in charge of putting an insufflator on Kaya's face to give her air, and another one took a defibrillator and rubbed it together.

"Charge to 150, clear!"

He placed the defibrillator on her chest but the monitor still showed no heartbeat.