☆ 15

C H A P T E R  F I F T E E N

C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

Kaya eyes widened and she came closer to Arin and grabbed her shoulders to shook her.

"You think he likes me?"

Arin smiled as she removed her patient's hands from her shoulders and chuckled to see her so happy.

"Which boy would visit a girl everyday if he doesn't like her, hum?"

"Maybe because he's my friend?"

"No, Mai is your friend but she didn't come everyday. That doesn't mean she's a bad friend, that's a normal behavior. But when you're in love you do crazy things, like staying two weeks next to someone who's sleeping."

Kaya understood her point of view, but she was scared to admit it. To admit there's something between them.

A special thing.

"But Arin, i don't want to be his girlfriend, i want him to hate me then."

Doctor Kang raised her eyebrows as she heard Kaya's wish.

"I know what you're trying to do, but you can't ignore your feelings because you're sick. Love, have fun, have butterflies, tell him you love him, kiss him and hug him, it's not because you're sick that you don't deserve happiness like everyone else."

"I will die, he will be sad. That's selfish to let him love me."

Arin sighed and looked Kaya with a straight face, she wanted her to feel happy.

She deserved to be happy.

"He loves you no matter what, if you reject him he will be sad anyways, and you will be sad as well."

The point was very clear, if he gets rejected or if she ends up dying, Riki will be sad anyways.

So they rather be in love with each other.

But to Kaya it wasn't that easy to confess her love.

She laid back in her hospital bed and looked at the ceiling without saying anything.

"Okay he will probably come to see you later, i will go see other patients. You know what to do if you need me."

Arin walked out of the room, and yes, Kaya was thinking about Riki.

It's scary to love.

But it feels so good.

Riki felt like that line she heard once in the tv show she was watching, You're like coming up for fresh air, it's like i'm drowning but you saved me.

No matter how her heart hurts, no matter if she ends up dying, he still was the one who made her feel such a beautiful feeling.

Her thoughts keep going through her mind for almost a whole hour, but she turned her head when someone opened the door.

"Oh you were sleeping mini me?"

"No i wasn't sleeping, you can stay with me."

Riki went to sit on the recliner chair, the one he used almost everyday for two weeks.

Kaya noticed he held a camera in his hand, she asked why he had a camera with him. It's the very first time she saw him with it.

"I decided to record the whole day in class, so you don't miss anything. It's like you are with us in class but you're here."

He made all those efforts cause he will forever remember her conversation with Miss Jina.

Kaya doesn't want to fail her year.

"Oh Riki, i never thought i would say that once but you're the smartest person i know." As she tried to grab the camera from his hands, he played with her by shifting his arms, making her confused.

"Hey, you thought i was stupid?"

"No.. no, no i didn't say that."

"You did Kaya."

Maybe she was sitting on her bed but that didn't stop her from reaching for that camera, and now she was so close from him but he hid the camera behind his back.

"Come closer and get it if you want it."

Her eyes locked in Riki's, they both looked at each other without saying anything. None of them wanted to stop that eyes contact.

How you have beautiful eyes Kaya.

How you have beautiful eyes Riki.

Eye contact was broken by Riki who ended up looking at her heart-shaped lips.

Once again she felt her heart start to beat a little faster so she panicked and while still trying to grab the camera she fell off her bed.

"Silly girl.." He mumbled then stood up to help her

He started to laugh, she still so cute even after she fell off her bed.

"Get up and let's do school work together, also we still need to talk about our school project or we will never finish it."

Kaya grabbed his hand and got up, now she was just standing in front of him, looking up at him, and she just ended up laughing, for no reason.

"Why are you laughing?"

We only can hear her laugh in the room, but few seconds after also Riki's laugh with her.

Are you happy with me, Kaya?

Or you just want to laugh?

I like you laugh,

like i love your beautiful smile.

I wanted to kiss you before you fell off the bed.

I don't know why.

Ah.. Silly girl.

How you fell was indeed funny,

is this why you're laughing?

School is boring without you.

Now you can follow school at the same time as me,

because i recorded everything.

And you won't fail this year.

You will get graduated, right Kaya?