Prologue

Passerbys bear witness to this public execution, that woke the wrath of the king to where he has gone out of his castle to behold, and take her life himself. Surrounded by unsheathed swords pointed at her skin, of course there would be no mercy towards the girl who beheaded the king's daughter and tossed her head into the lake, just like what was done to her cat.

Clarissa did not tremble at the sight of blades, did not fear to address the king, and did not make any excuses. "I beheaded your daughter."

If she died here now, perhaps she'd be brought back to the real world, which wasn't so nice to her either. If it were, she wouldn't have the strength to murder, but she was a kid whose seen all.

The execution was not immediate, the king waited for a large crowd to gather. He even wished for a mob to throw matchsticks and pebbles at the criminal, maybe even leave her burning until she turns to ash.

"What you see here, is the evil being to have killed my beloved daughter! The princess... My princess." He began to sob. "Her head was retrieved from the west lake, her body was left nearby. Dying isn't even a punishment that will make up for her loss, I will make sure demons make you suffer in hell and beyond."

The crowd began screaming, booing, chanting that they must kill her. Clarissa was only bothered by the chilly wind that brushed against her body that was stripped of clothes, left with only underwear and a tattered bra. Her dark hair was getting into her face and she could barely see much of what was going on.

She was going to die anyway, the princess. She recalled the events within the webnovel. The princess, who also happened to be the villainess and definitely one of the worse ones out there, was killed by Astaroth Vandor after physically and verbally abusing the story's heroine too many times.

A really deplorable lady the princess was. If she had not laid a finger, or in this case grabbed Clarissa's cat and thrown him into the lake then she would've lived a little longer.

There's many things the condemned commoner could tolerate, but touching her cat Peanut was not one of them.

Before the king could finish his sobbing, smoke filled the area. The guards shifted in their places, eventually scrambling with none of them knowing what to do. How thrilling that they'd be royal guards and not know how to handle these types of situations with composure.

A glimpse of blue came into Clarissa's field of vision as she is swept up and taken away from her execution. Guards were yelling, so were civilians, the king was screaming in rage and demanding everyone silences, but she could only focus on the person who held her and moved like a gentle breeze but fast like a cheetah.

The blue she saw was his long strands of hair, tied up into a half ponytail. His eyes too bear the same color, a gentle blue that only stands out when you look too close.

"The name is Astaroth Vandor, you'll be coming with me unless you'd rather die here." By the time he spoke they were far from the execution zone. He other companions waiting, and a horse he got on still with Clarissa in his arms.

"Give her something to wear before we go will you?" One companion tossed her a grey cloak, she put it on immediately after forgetting she wasn't dressed.

"I'm Clarissa Wains. Thank you for saving me from my execution." She lowers her head slightly.

"We should be the one thanking you for doing our dirty work. Although we didn't really expect someone to come out of the blue and have killed the princess first. My name is Vixen, just Vixen. Nice to meet you." He held a hand out. The man seemed to be the more social one out of the group, by build he was the biggest, and she'd assume he's the strongest physically.

"We don't have time for introductions, we must leave immediately." Astaroth shoves Vixen's hand away from Clarissa and gets his horse moving. The group makes haste to leave the town.

Don't forget to vote & comment if you enjoy!