[2] Smithy

One thing Clarissa remembered from the webnovel was that it never came to an end.

Because the author died.

Was assassinated to be exact.

Not that it was a concern to her since things stopped progressing as they did in the story after what was supposed to be her public execution.

Now she remains resting in the quarters of the castle on a bed that isn't rock hard. It has been quite a long time since she was reincarnated into this world as a kid whose parents were blacksmiths. This world was even more easygoing than the real world was to her.

But as bad as the world before this one was to her, she missed it. Like an unhealthy relationship.

"Another small army came by today. Seems the king is so desperate to avenge his awful daughter he managed to sniff us out already." Astaroth stood by the door frame with arms crossed. "It's been two weeks since you got here."

"Would you like me to leave?" Clarrisa replied without a second thought.

"Not at all. I'd like you to fight with us. Vixen said he could sense a warrior in you."

"A warrior he says?" She almost smiles at the word. "Not quite, something far less noble."

"So will you fight?"

Clarissa shakes her head. "I am but a blacksmith, and a blacksmith's child. I can make you weapons at most."

"That'll do. Vixen is also one of our blacksmiths, I'm sure you won't have any troubles with the others. Off you go now, to the smithy."

"So demanding Astaroth! That's not how you treat a woman." Orias comes up to them, with Katherine following behind him like a child.

"I'm not looking to find myself in a harem like you are, Orias."

"What a dickwad! My heart is devoted to Katherine and her alone."

Astaroth rolls his eyes, Katherine hides her face in embarrassment, and Clarissa leaves them amidst their banter to head to the smithy. To an extent, she knows what's coming at the smithy.

Vixen, and a couple unimportant male characters. In the webnovel one is an asshole that attempts to burn Katherine's skin but is caught by Vixen in time. The guy is sent away from the castle and back to town. He'll be a pain to be around. She sighs.

The smithy in this castle wasn't very different from her former workplace in town, just larger with more weapons. The sound of metal clanging was like a nostalgic greeting to her whenever she would wake up to her father in this world busy with his work.

"Clarissa you're here!" Vixen came up to her to give her a pat on the back even though he last saw her harassing the rat during breakfast. "Decided to fight with us?"

She shakes her head.

"Ah well, It is safer for you to stay inside. Everyone!" He got the attention of the other three in the smithy. "This is Clarissa, she'll be working with us starting today."

"Yeah the girl who killed the princess." One said mockingly.

"Hey I think she's pretty cool for that. The princess sucks." The other replies.

"A woman blacksmith? Are you messing with us right now?"

Vixen narrowed his eyes at them and they all immediately shrunk into the silence.

"We have more than enough weaponry here so everyone's goal is just improving their craft and making something better. You can always rest whenever you're tired."

Clarissa was taking a look around at the weaponry. They all looked so, medieval. So did her fathers until she began. She has always focused on making dual blades, trying to recreate something from the real world. But as good as her creations were, they were never good enough.

So her goal continues, for now to make dual blades good enough to fight with. Her favorite pair from the ones she crafted was taken away after beheading the princess but really anything decent will do now.

Because she refused to fight with anything else.

That and she'll need clothes other than this plain black long sleeved black dress she's been borrowing from Katherine. Since she enjoyed the absence of painful neons in her eyes and dark colors, she wasn't complaining. But no one wants to fight in a stiffling dress.

"Let me know if you need anything." Vixen went back to working and Clarissa went looking through the materials.

She got foul looks from the two other men in the smithy, seeing the horror on their face after she makes a weapon better than theirs could ever slice had her raring to start her craft. Nothing better than putting people in their place.