[32] In The Blood

Please don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoy this book!

Just as Orias Viertel prohibited entering and leaving his castle, so did the King Golden to his. The same is done to those afflicted. Burnt.

It wasn't a pretty sight for the commoners and poor outside the castle. They began to rally every day, fighting for their dead children and family. King Golden would not give them an audience, at least not while the crow disease lived.

Meanwhile, Princess Freya Golden makes a strange observation. She had recently gotten a paper cut while writing letters addressed to the Silver and Bronze Kingdoms. Her dear Father has made the horrible decision to let her do his writing related work because he got carpal tunnel or something. She couldn't care less about him or the face the silver Queen would make upon seeing the way she's addressed.

Silver Queen of the robot kingdom—

Bronze King of mud baths...

Perhaps Rinoa Yue could've done a better job at creating her characters to be more than bastards and bitches. To think she'd face the consequences of her lazy writing this way.

I am not Rinoa Yue any longer. She shakes her head.

"The Golden Kingdom begs you to open your walls for our people. A strange disease has been spreading throughout our kind and the healthy have no place to go. Should you let our people seek refuge in your kingdom we will return your generosity three fold.

King Golden
Of the Golden Kingdom"

"Stupid father, they'll never agree to this." She mumbles after writing.

Upon setting the papers aside she doesn't notice the paper tore through a thin layer of the soft skin of her pinky, leaving a cut. A small drip of blood falls onto the table that she misses and she leaves her room to do the usual activities of a rude Princess.

Her day consisted of talking to her girlfriend, having the letters sent out, and watching men get chased by chickens for her entertainment. When she returns to her desk and spots the now dried blood, she notices the oddity to its texture. Feathery. This gives her an idea.

Three unfortunate souls were called by the princess into her room, Freya prepared three cups of the juice with a couple drops of her blood in each. One had a little more than the other two.

"Drink. And don't leave a drop behind." She demands. Two of the three are young, frail appearing men who seemed fearful of the princess. The first to take the cup and chug the drink down is a young castle handmaid who seemed used to the eccentric demands of their lady.

The maiden puts the cup down and steps back, feeling nowhere out of the ordinary.

"How do you feel?"

"Normal, my lady."

"You two." Freya turns her attention to the shivering men. "Drink it now or I'll throw you both into the pile of burnt corpses crawling with crow disease."

They look at each other and take their cups at the same time.

"My lady uh... Do you fear someone has poisoned the juice? I can assure you th—"

"Shut up, and drink the juice. Now. I do not answer to lanky fools who can't lift a sword without making a face."

The man who spoke drinks first, the other casts a quick glance at his lanky comrade and drinks. A look of relief washes over them afterwards.

"Now leave. I'll be back to check on you three in a couple days. Oh and take these cups away too."

"Of course, my lady." The handmaiden now with a creeping feeling of malice takes the cups into her arms and leaves. The Princess is never up to anything good, but the lanky fools seemed to forget that.