Holiday Special

This takes place in between chapters 27&28
You won't really miss out on anything from this so feel free to skip! I just wrote this as a Christmas gift to all my readers that are enjoying this fic < 3

Happy Holidays!
- Keira

~~~

Post party blues had the castle quiet for the first time in ages. The crow disease wasn't helping and the situation was growing worse for all.

Clarissa Wains, at one point mentioned the Christmas holiday to Astaroth. Telling him about how it was a day of intimate celebrations and gifts. Christmas for her during her first life usually meant receiving a new set of weapons from her boss and the end.

And so, Astaroth insisted they throw a Christmas party as the season approached for them. Rather than one of the Duke's rigged games he did every occasion.

Astaroth: Pretty decorations, presents, food, a giant decorated pine tree- should we just demolish Orias' statue? The tree would look better there.

Peter: Orias is going to throw a tantrum if we do that. The tree looks fine where we placed it.

Vixen: This is a wonderful event. A day for people to feast and exchange presents at a pleasingly decorated environment.

Clarissa: that's uh... one way to describe it.

Vixen: where'd you get this idea Astaroth?

Astaroth: I heard a voice.

Vixen: a voice?

The duke shows up, accompanied by Katherine. Though it was a special event they were severely overdressed. Or dressed in too much red. Even ugly sweaters were a better look than what they sported.

Orias: I heard my name.

Astaroth: what the fuck is that. What the hell are you two wearing.

Clarissa: When I said dress fluffy, red, and colorful I didn't mean scarves in strange places.

Astaroth: who the hell wears scarves that way? And why is Katherine dressed like a ball of yarn!?

Katherine: d-do I look bad?

Astaroth: obviously!

Vixen: Astaroth that's a little too harsh-

Peter: ermm... should we begin the feast? The food will get cold.

Clarissa: yes please. I have to enjoy Peter's special holiday cooking.

Vixen: I also helped in preparing the food this time hehe. They needed some extra hands in the kitchen.

Clarissa: cool.

They begin to feast.

Katherine: all of the food tastes amazing. I wish I could cook this well, everything I do is a failure.

Astaroth: please don't give us your pessimistic remarks now.

Vixen & Orias: Astaroth!

Katherine: I-i'm sorry. You're right. I'll just keep quiet.

Clarissa: Peter this holiday ham you made is great, just like the real thing.

Peter: the real thing? What do you mean. Is it not real?

Astaroth: she means it tastes otherworldly.

Vixen: I was the one who prepared the ham by the way.

Clarissa: oh, cool. It's good.

Vixen: cool...

Orias: I feel so hot.

Astaroth: because your dumbass chose to wear scarves like a mummy and you're drinking hot chocolate! Stop whining.