[43] Human Desires & People Pleasers

Notice: this chapter has mild spice

"I'm going to come back this time. Alive."

"Of course you're going to come back alive girl. You going to come back here a zombie? Possess a beaver and drag your body across town?"

"I mean I'll be coming back without having died and reborn... reanimated? Revived? Never mind. I won't let the princess harm me."

"You better not. Better yet you just stay put. What business do you have with the princess? Going to say sorry to the little mistress for putting her bum in place?"

"Just let her go." Peter interjects. "Save your maternal instincts for our kids, Clarissa's too old for that."

"And if it weren't for her our kids would be dead." Josie makes low pitched noises out of irritation. The sound scraped Clarissa's ears in an oddly pleasant way.
"Go on, get your business over with and be back by supper."

"I'll try." She waves upon leaving, her body unable to pretend she wasn't nervous.

It's time to set things straight with Freya, and Rinoa.

---

     The sound of grunts and moans fills the room that once belonged to Orias. Katherine's body moves up and down, her warmth swallowing Vixen's shaft as she takes charge.

"We really shouldn't be doing this..."

"We've done it countless of times now and yet you still keep saying that." A pleasured sigh follows her words. "Do you really want me to stop?"

Vixen's lips connect to her neck, sucking gently and leaving a mark. "No."

"Think of me as Clarissa if you must." The lady's movement slows down and she stops, pulling herself off him. "You've always been thinking of Clarissa every time we've done it haven't you? She has bigger boobs than me, nice thighs."

His guilty eyes depart from hers.

"Yet you chose to stay with me. You could've thrown me out, had this castle and Clarissa all to yourself. You could've laid her your every waking moment—"

"Shut up!" His voice booms. "Clarissa does not see me that way."

Katherine backs herself to the edge of the bed, her wetness leaving a faint trail on the sheets and goosebumps painting her naked figure. "I'm sorry.

"Put on your clothes, we're not doing this today." Vixen gets off the bed, collecting his clothes scattered across the floor and putting them back on. He leaves without looking back at Katherine who started sniffling and crying where she sat.

Though, each word she spoke rang true to him. Every way Katherine touched his body, his mind painted it out to be Clarissa. An imagination of the sounds she'd make, the way her body would move. She'd have way more stamina than Katherine who could barely last half an hour before going limp to exhaustion.

He knew it was so wrong.

It wasn't Katherine's demand that pushed him to get rid of the woman he loves, it's but his own thoughts. Inappropriate, perverted, creepy, it would be best if she was away from him. And perhaps, that he wanted to indulge in human desires for once. So he let Katherine seduce him.

Vixen's whole life has just been helping people, counseling people, being the (literally) bigger person. Is it too much to ask for someone to want to help him?

"I'll learn to love you instead Katherine, I promise." He says softly as he shuts the door behind him, taking slow strides down the empty hall to the courtyard that still smelled of burnt wood and ash.

The same place where they made the happiest memories, they also made the saddest memories.
Orias' nude statue was also there, toppled and left to become something vines will grow over. It was removed from inside the castle not long after the duke's disappearance.

"I wonder, will she try to get rid of me too? There will be no one left for her unless her parents come back."

Vixen goes to the smithy next. Empty, as it has always been the past nearly half a year. His men lost morale and quit, not because Clarissa proved to be a genius weaponsmith, but because of the plague.

And now without Peter it's a mess in the kitchen, no one is having ingredients brought into the castle, and volunteer staff have collectively quit. To add, they have no more funds and the man is expecting a visit from Orias' parents sooner or later.

"This place is done for. I'm going to have to sell all of this and find somewhere new for me and Katherine." His eyes fall onto the weapons Clarissa left. "These will sell for a beyond livable amount. Sorry Clarissa."

"Vixen?" Katherine's soft voice creeps up behind him. "We're going to leave?"

"You killed Orias didn't you?"

"H-how did you?" The lady's eyes widen in horror, her gut churns making her want to throw up. "How did you figure out?"

"I keep track of all the stuff here. One knife was missing, it couldn't have been Clarissa because she only wants to use that one blade she forged for herself. If we stay here I'm sure house Viertel will have investigators so skilled they'll discover it was your doing."

"You're not mad at me?"

"Of course I am, you ruined the life we all had here and my only chance of naturally forming a romantic relationship with Clarissa." Vixen towers over her, a melancholic grin on his face. Katherine grasped a sinister feeling from the man that made her legs shudder and she falls to her knees.

"V-vixen?"

"What are your goals Katherine? What were you trying to achieve by doing all this?"

"I-I..."

"You had a fiancé that dearly loved you, you're born into a line of generations of heroes, got to live in a castle... just what do you want?"

"I don't know!" She shuts her eyes, body shaking.

"Then we're the same."

"Huh?"

Katherine feels big lips crash onto hers, a hand snaking under her top and cupping her boob.

"Vixen!? We could at least do this in the room?"

"No one comes here anymore." He breathes into her ear, a small yelp escaping her lips. She feels his other hand massage her thigh before slipping under her panty and rubbing her sensitive spot.
"All my life I've been doing things for people, thanks for giving me an outlet for my desire Katherine."

"What am I trying to do?" She wonders.

Just two people who always try to please others when they can't please themselves, living an aimless life.