[19] Freya

"I'm back." Freya breathes heavily, rubbing her neck. It's been days, but to her it feels like it's been a split second since she was suffocated by Clarissa's furious hands. I remember now. That is the face of my killer. But why is she here?

"Freya!" A pair of arms swing around the princess' body, holding her tightly. 

"E-eka! What are you doing here? What if my dad catches us!?" 

"Relaaax, the king never enters your quarters. And everyone else is afraid you'd make their lives miserable if they say anything about you to him." 

Eka is a maid in the golden castle, a rather free-spirited one too. She's in a secret relationship with the princess and is the only person to see beyond Freya's rude exterior. For the two, it started out with a lot of bullying from Freya towards Eka. The latter with a savior complex chose to engage instead of ignore, and now they're dating.

"You're being too carefree!"

"Aren't you the one being carefree? You were gone for days again! Anyone would get worried if their partner keeps going out and dying. I still grieve as hard as I did the first time I lost you." Eka pouts, tears start to run down her cheeks that seemed to have just dried. Her hazel eyes are still puffy from crying relentlessly the past days.

Understanding her feelings, Freya kisses her forehead and hugs back. One hand running through her partner's long black hair. "I'm sorry love."

Eka pulls away, smiling weakly.

"Go and see the king. The guards haven't told him about your absence yet but he'll lose his mind and take their heads once they do."

"You're right. I don't reek of death do I?"

"You smell like a freshly baked apple pie." She giggles. "I'm joking, you look fine."

They share a quick kiss and the princess leaves her room to go look for her dad. Her clothes were the same as she died in, free from any dirt or damages. A long, silky blue dress with frills, it was one of her more simple dresses, and her favorite.

"The princess is back! Thank the gods! We will live to see another day." A guard whispers to his colleague upon seeing her walk down the open halls. The word quickly spreads and the castle is significantly more cheerful.

"You. Where is my father." Freya asks a young maid that is sweeping nearby, she looked like she was staring at garbage.

"Princess!" the maid lowers her head, avoiding eye contact in fear. "He is having tea at his balcony"

She heads over to the king's room, enters without knocking and sees him sitting down with a half-empty cup of tea in his hand. He appeared angry, but that was just how his face naturally looked.

"Father."

"Hmm?" A low, annoyed rumble comes from the man and he turns around. Upon seeing his daughter he quickly puts down his tea and runs to her. How she was going to loathe the next couple minutes.

"Freya! My sweetheart I haven't seen you in days! Daddy missed you so much. What have you been up to?" He hugs her tight, slightly lifting her up and shaking her.

"I've been in the library reading. Just came to check up on you to make sure you're still sane." She rolls her eyes.

King Golden's eyes gleam with joy. "How lucky am I to have an adorable daughter that cares about me so much! This is absolutely Golden!"

"Father I have a request." 

He lets go of her. "What is it my dear daughter?"

"I want you to get rid of the Viertel's mansion. Specifically, the one Orias Viertel inherited."

"Oh my." He frowns, scratching his golden beard. "I'm afraid I can't do that. I was walking on needles by just sending our men there."

"But they're housing the woman that killed me!"

"If she's under Viertel's protection then there's nothing I can do."

"So you want to let my killer keep living!?"

"I did not say that!" His voice booms, making Freya flinch. "You are alive now, that's what counts. I will make security tighter in town and in the castle, if you want to stay safe then don't leave."

"But father-!"

"There is nothing more I can do. Leave." King Golden turns away and his daughter storms out of his room in a foul mood. She hisses at every person to look at her and returns to her room where Eka remained waiting for her.

"Welcome back love! Did something happen?"

Freya crashes into her arms and cuddles her on the bed, digging her face into Eka's chest.

"Just my dad once again denying my request."

"You do ask for difficult things."

"What's so difficult about wanting to ensure my own safety."

They snuggle in silence for a few minutes.

"That woman is the one who killed me in my past life."

Eka gets up in shock. "But how'd you find out!?"

"Her eyes. There's no way I could forget the eyes of my killer. What doesn't make sense is she's in the same body as her past life, while I ended up in this one."

"What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know." 

Clarissa Beheads The Villainess On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara