[23] Plotting Revenge

Princess Freya Golden lays on her bed stiff like a corpse with nothing to do. The king eventually found out where she truly was during the days he didn't see her and since banned her from leaving the castle.

Clarissa's face kept reflecting in her mind. The last face she cursed until she saw life again in the body of a dumb, absurdly mean villainess. She too, knows that in the original timeline, Astaroth kills Freya Golden.

She followed the original timeline, acted out the villain role but did worst. She was going to change the future for Princess Freya Golden. 

This time, the villainess will have a happy ending. And total control.

Her name is Rinoa Yue and she is the author who wrote this foolish webnovel with foolish characters. Now, she resides in the body of the most foolish one of all. 

And you killed that name. Rinoa Yue is no more. She felt bad for that cat. But not anymore. Princess Freya Golden is going to make Clarissa Wains suffer.

Eka knows the princess' secret, but not all of it. One thing Freya would never share with anyone, even her lover, was her name in the past life and her being the individual to create this world.

Looking at it now, Freya believes world is a gift from the gods for her to get revenge on her killer. 

The two now had the ultimate goal of killing each other once and for all. 

She still vividly remembers being cooped up in her room, writing, when she turned around to investigate a noise that dawned in the silence. Rinoa catches the tiger-like eyes attached to a human body. 

The moment was so quick she thought she was just imagining things. Her chilly palms then reached for her lukewarm brewed coffee that was almost finished. Rinoa usually put just enough creamer for the color of the coffee to match her light brown skin but it was looking like the palm of her hands instead. No wonder it's more sweet than usual, I put too much creamer.

Those were her final thoughts as Rinoa Yue. Too quickly, she felt a hot sting against her neck and found herself in a realm of nothing, before seeing the world around her again as a wailing infant. Then she knew, the ghastly figure and terrorizing gaze was real. 

"Princess?" A lady knocks on the door.

"Leave me alone, I'm in a bad mood."

"The king requests I inform you urgently."

"Fine. Come in." she croaks.

Upon entering, Freya is given a letter. It looked tacky, awfully over-decorated and bore the crest of the Viertel family. The stem of a thorny rose dipped in ink.

She doesn't hesitate to open it up. An invitation to Orias' engagement party happening six days from now.

"Your father is encouraging you to go. We will have you guarded at all times to ensure your safety, Princess."

"I'm definitely going." A sly grin replaces her grumpy face and she returns the letter into the envelope. "May I request Eka to join us?"

"Unfortunately that isn't up to me to decide. I am very sorry princess."

"Tch."

Freya casts her a look to get out, and then hurries over to her desk, taking out a quill, ink, and a bountiful number of sheets of paper. She writes. Rambling her anger to the void of white being tainted by old ink. And she plans, and draws.

Princess Freya is going to become a villainess that lives up to the title. And she's lost her true self in the process.

The king won't approve of me hurting them, so I can't do anything direct. I can't get caught. Who will be my target?

She writes a list of names.

Orias, Katherine, Vixen, Astaroth, Peter

"No, I can't easily get rid of the main cast. And absolutely not the highlight of the event. Killing people I created doesn't feel too right either." She mumbles. "But I don't have a choice. How about the rat at the inn? I heard she had babies and they weren't part of the story while I was alive and writing it."

Josie and her babies. Very evil Freya, very evil. She applauds herself, imagining Clarissa's distraught expression. The one she didn't get to see when she got rid of the cat.

She didn't notice Eka enter her room quietly, and was watching the princess talk and laugh to herself like she was on the cliff of madness. She carried her feet softly, then from behind her lover, she covered her eyes with her hands. 

"Eka! How long were you here?" Freya gasps, and frantically shuffles her papers to the side, flipping them over too.

"I erm, just entered. You seem busy."

"Barely." She takes a quick glance at the papers again to make sure Eka wouldn't be able to read anything she wrote. "I'm just preparing some letters because I'll be heading to Orias Viertel's mansion to celebrate his engagement to Katherine."

"Really? Won't that be dangerous for you? I'm worried." Eka rubs Freya's cheek with her thumb.

"I'll be fine. I'm practically immortal."

"I really don't think you should go."

"I want to."

The room dims as a candle grows weak, and Eka leaves in frustration. Sometimes she feels Freya is taking her for granted. Sometimes she's mad at herself for not being able to do anything to help. Sometimes she wishes Freya would just stop trying to be this evil figure and be happy.

"You're so dumb! And annoying! Idiot princess. What are you trying to achieve." She holds back her tears as she runs to her quarters where she shares a room with another maid. Hiding under the blanket, she sobs as quiet as she can.

Eka wondered if there was a way for her to join the princess in going to the Viertel's mansion. Or if she has no choice but to wait and hope for the best. Back in the princess' quarters, Freya was only thinking of revenge with no concern for Eka's feelings.