⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 1﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 1
𓂃 𖥔 doodles and chem 𖥔 𓂃⌗

JANUARY 20th, 1975, MONDAY.

"finney, wake up."

"finney, I said wake up!"

I threw a pair of my brother's jeans, that were previously draped over his chair at his face, jolting him awake from his bedsheets.

"I'm awake!" he yelled out, tiredness slurring his words. I shushed him, ceasing his yelling.

"get up. get ready." I ordered before leaving his room to go and wake up gwen.

gwen was always nicer to wake up.

"hey, gwenny, wake up," I gently shook gwen's shoulder, causing her to groan and roll over.

"morning," she murmured, tiredly.

"morning. time to wake up sweetie," I whispered, but couldn't resist dropping one of her many pillows on her face as I left.

as I walked out, I bumped into my dad on the way to the bathroom.

"good morning," I muttered as I passed him.

"good morning," he mumbled absentmindedly as he walked past me to the kitchen. he seemed hungover, most likely was.

I finally made it to the bathroom and began to do some light makeup and brush my teeth. finney joined me soon after as I started brushing my teeth.

as I entered the kitchen, I felt the mood shift. gwen sat opposite dad, taking small bites of her toast. dad frowned at his newspaper as he read, sighing and shaking his head occasionally. the tension was definitely there as gwen and I tried to be as quiet as possible.

"gwenny, have you brushed your teeth?" I asked her gently. she put the last corner of her toast down with a slightly guilty look.

"no." she muttered.

"don't be unhygienic, gwen." dad grumbled, started to get annoyed.

"go brush them for me sweetie, i'll clean up your plate," I placed my hand on her shoulder as she jumped up from her chair and ran off back down the hall.

I took her plate up to the sink and ran the tap. as I was scrubbing the jam away, the wet plate slipped from my grasp and fell into the sink with a thud followed by a slight clang from the metal sink.

"shit." I muttered under my breath as I heard dad's newspaper crinkle under his balled fist of anger. "I'm sorry, dad. I-I didn't mean to. it just slipped-"

"I thought I raised you better than this, y/n." he grumbled, standing up and making his slow way over to me.

"dad, honestly. it was an accident!" I turned the tap off and turned around as I wiped my hands down on my jeans.

"don't give me that crap!" dad shouted and pointed his finger in my face. I flinched. "what have I told you-"

"I'm ready to go to school." finney stood in the doorway of the kitchen and the hallway, fiddling with the strap of his messenger bag as his eyes nervously darted between dad and I. gwen stood behind him, her face twisted in anxiety.