⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 23﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 23
𓂃 𖥔 wake up call 𖥔 𓂃⌗

"...luckily, we didn't find anything." the nurse informed me as she held my blood test results in her hand.

I was sat in the waiting room, vance's parents were allowed to visit him but I had to wait. I didn't mind, I knew that it wasn't fair to intrude on their moment with their kid after he had just undergone major surgery.

"ok, thank you," she smiled at me and squeezed my hand.

"is there anything else you need?" she asked kindly.

"oh, no, thank you," I shook my head. she squeezed my hand once more before heading off to take care of another patient.

dad had come back with everything about an hour ago and I was now in fresh clothes with my teeth freshly brushed and a light layer of makeup put on. I was just trying anything to occupy my mind while I waited. dad was now picking up breakfast from somewhere that wasn't the crappy hospital canteen.

"y/n, sweetie? vance would like to see you," I looked to the door to see mr and mrs hopper with red eyes and smiles.

"o-oh." I cleared my throat as it was croaky from its lack of use for so long. "are you sure?"

they both nodded and I stood on my shaking legs. I walked to the door and as I passed them, mrs hopper gave me pat on my shoulder while mr hopper gave me a nod. a nurse met me in the corridor and took me down to vance's room. my hands were clammy and shaky, my breathing had increased, I was so nervous to see him.

"he's in here, any trouble just give us a shout." she left me with a smile at the door. I took a deep breath as I placed my hand on the door handle and twisted.

vance's room was cold and grey. the window was cracked open for ventilation, there was a beeping heart monitor on the corner wall and other bits of equipment in the room. the normal white bedding had been swapped for vance's own red duvet and pillow and nestled up in them was a weary vance. he was pale and his eyes had large bags beneath them. his hair was frizzy and straggly and he was hooked up to two iv drips.

"hey, babe," he said with a weak grin. I felt tears well again from seeing him and held back a sob. "hey, don't cry. I'm fine, see!"

"can I hug you?" I choked out.

"yeah, uhm, you'll have to climb on the bed... I think?" I walked over to him and leaned down to him. I rested my arms at his sides and lay my legs on the bed. my head found comfort on his chest as he wrapped his own arms around me. I sniffled as I cried.

"I thought I was gonna lose you." I sobbed out.

"I know, I know," he rubbed my back in a calming way. "I thought I was gonna lose you! I came round that alley and tom fucking karls was all over you with a gun and you were crying your eyes out. I didn't know what to think at first..."

"I would never cheat on you." I said.

"hey, hey, I know that! I know it was him, had he been calling you?" I hesitated to answer his question before nodding. vance sighed. "why didn't you tell me? I would've sorted him out for you."

I just sobbed a little louder.

"I didnt think you'd believe me. he called me for the first time after we'd talked about it that phys ed lesson." vance sighed again at my reasoning.

"y/n, I will always believe you. even if you were telling me about aliens invading the world and caleb was in an intense dance battle with the leader to save us all, I would still believe you." I let out a watery laugh at his goofy reassurance. "if anything like this happens again, promise you'll tell me?"

"I promise." there was a beat before I spoke again. "he would watch me. through my window. I'm not sure from where but... he watched me change once. and one time, I crawled across my bed to put the receiver down on him and he was beating off to me."

vance's grip on me tightened when I told him what had happened.

"wait til I see that bastard. i'll kill him." vance muttered, more to himself than to me I think.

"not if the cops get him first." I murmured.

"have they?"

"not yet. he's disappeared."

there was a beat of silence.

"...y/n?"

"yeah?"

"are you ok?" vance's voice was thicker and his tone was sadder. as he sniffled a little, I lifted my head to see his face. his blue eyes were swimming with tears and his cheeks were turning slightly red.

"oh no, baby, don't cry, please don't cry," I held vance's face in my hands as he scanned my face with his eyes as if he was trying to memorise every feature on my face so it was burnt into his mind for eternity.

"are you ok?" he repeated, a few tears falling to his cheeks.

"I'm fine! I promise, he didn't hurt me badly." I reassured him as he continued to fail at holding back his tears.

"yes, he did! mentally! he's gonna have scarred you for forever after what he did." realisation began to hit a little at his words.

"no, he won't have. because I have you. I have bruce, cheyenne, imani, arlo, carter, cameron, dad, finney, gwen, katy, maddy, the cops are getting me a therapist. vance, I have people that will help me get through this." I stroked his face comfortingly, wiping the tears from his cheeks.

"I don't want him to have you upset forever." he pouted.

"he won't have. i'll move past this, I promise. and so will you, we'll move on." I put on a smile to lighten the mood.

"I can't lose you, I love you too much to let you go." my breath hitched and vance's face dropped as he realised what he said. "y/n- I- I'm sorry- I-"

"I love you too." I cut off his stuttering. his face blanched for a second and he swallowed while he thought.

"what?" he blinked at me and I couldn't hold back my laugh.

"I love you too." I repeated with a wide grin.

"ok... you. you. the amazing y/n blake. loves me. vance hopper. crazy, violent 'pinball' vance hopper." I laughed again as vance tried to register what was happening.

"I, the average y/n blake. loves you. the incredible, funny, smart, hot, pinball-obsessed vance hopper." vance pulled a face at my statement.

"you're hardly average. I mean, I'm definitely all of those things, but you're not average. you have to hit a certain mark, and you're quiteee under." sarcastically, he waved his hands around where he classed 'the mark' to be.

"oh shut up." I said with a smile before pressing my lips to his to quieten him. he kissed me back with a smile.

once again, I felt the world around us melt away and for just a calm second, I felt like everything was going to be ok.

***

A SHORTER CHAPTER BUT I FELT WE NEEDED SOMETHING HAPPY 😭

nah I just proof read it and it's so short but I need to publish sOMETHING LMAOO