⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 31﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 31
⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅the party﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

"guys!!" imani skipped up the stairs of the bleachers towards us. it was breaktime thursday. arlo wasn't in, suffering from an awful hangover, the wrath of his parents and a possible suspension from school for drinking on site. "eight days til my birthdaaayy!!"

"I still have no clue what I'm getting you."

***

I browsed the jewellery section of a quaint little store for items I think imani would suit. it was five days til imani's birthday, I had to get her something that wasn't alcohol. a pair of rather large gold hoops caught my eye as I browsed.

***

"do I have to get her a present?" vance asked through the phone.

"dunno... maybe some chocolate or something? if you're gonna get her something, you should hurry, her party's in three days." I responded.

"i'll pick something up..."

***

it was finally friday. thank god.

imani would not shut up about her birthday the whole week, not allowing anyone to forget for even a millisecond that it fell this friday.

I had her present ready: a gift bag holding a pair of large, gold hoops, a matching gold necklace and some chocolates.

the bottles of vodka were wrapped up in my hoodies in my overnight bag. no, I wasn't staying at imani's, I was staying at vance's for the night. I wasn't entirely sure if dad knew, I'd hinted it but hadn't confirmed anything.

I rang the doorbell and imani opened it in her pyjamas and a face mask. she squealed when she saw me and brought me into a tight hug.

"c'mon, cheyenne's upstairs." she pulled me into the house.

"happy birthday, babe." I handed her the gift bag. she rooted through it and 'aww'ed at the jewellery.

"I'm wearing these tonight. ugh, no booze?" she joked.

"noo..." I said before I shook my overnight bag, both of us hearing the extremely faint clinking of bottles.

"aaahhh! oh my god, c'mon. cheyenne! she's here!"

***

by now, the party was in full swing. my two vodka bottles had been opened and one was empty; yet a few drunk kids scrounged at the final droplets, too drunk to realise the other bottle was being passed around.

cigarette and weed smoke filled one corner of the room, a range of empty takeout boxes littered the floor, a few couples made out here and there and — in the middle of the front room — a large throng of people danced against each other.

imani was right in the middle, living it up in her party outfit and new jewellery. against her crotch, cheyenne jokingly shook her ass as imani held her hips and yelled happily. I danced beside the two of them, hands-in-hands with arlo. I jumped around as he made sure I didn't fall in my slightly high heels and slightly drunken state. cameron and carter jokingly slow danced beside us, carter's arms around cameron's neck and cameron's arms around carter's waist. they looked fake-lovingly into each other's eyes. bruce, however, was mixing drinks at imani's bar; he always was the best 'mixologist' as arlo called him.

arlo let go of my hands with a knowing smile over my shoulder and I felt hands slide onto my waist. I jumped, fearing the worst. but sighed as I turned and around was met with vance's ice blue eyes.