⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 2﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 2
⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅passed out in phys ed﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

I often found myself just wandering around.

I'd take long walks to get out of the house, mostly on weekends, and hope myself lucky enough not to come home to too much trouble. whether that trouble was between dad and one of the kids or between dad and I for being 'away for too long'.

today, I was not so lucky.

I came home and gently shut the door behind me. when I'd left, dad had been passed out in his armchair and I didn't know what stage of the hangover he was in now. I'd been out with bruce, just walking around. we'd made a quick stop at grab'n'go - where neither of us were surprised to see vance hopper on the pinball machine - to buy some snacks and made our way to the park.

"where do you think you've been?"

fuck. dad's words were still slurred which indicated he'd been day drinking. again.

"just out with brenda-" brenda was my code name for bruce seeing as dad didn't like me hanging out with boys.

"bullshit!" dad shouted at me.

he crossed the room to me and grabbed me. he pressed my back into the wall and brought his face closer to mine. I could smell the beer wafting from his breath as he spoke in a deadly whisper.

"mr davidson from over the road said he saw you with a boy at the park." I tried to keep my face neutral as he spoke. "a boy!"

"it was brenda's friend, bruce! brenda must've been in the toilet! they have those porta potties over at the construction site!" I rushed to get my words out as dad starting speaking again.

"no, no, no, no. no!" he slammed me into the wall again and I whimpered in a mix of fear and slight pain. "don't lie to me, y/n!"

"let go of her!" I heard finney yell from the doorway between the living room and the kitchen.

"you stay out of this!" dad let one hand release me as he pointed it menacingly at finney who stood there silently fuming.

he finally let me go and I slid down the wall so my feet could fully touch the floor. I let out a sigh of relief, before fear instantly filled me again as I heard him undo the buckle of his belt. he folded the leather in half in his hand. I heard finney yell again in protest, but I saw gwen push him back to keep him out of trouble. I shook my head at finney, telling him silently to stay back.

"no, no, no, no, dad! I promise, bruce is just a friend! there's nothing- nothing's happening!" but it was too late. I let out a cry as dad grabbed me by the hair and threw me onto my side on the floor. I openly sobbed as I tried to pleade with him.

but it was no use.

***

I was bruised all over. my ribs hurt and my stomach hurt and my arms hurt and my cheek hurt and my head hurt. I wished I was dead as I lay on that worn and faded red carpet. I felt like I had been laying there forever before I felt something icy on my waist.

"no... no..." my voice came out in a weak, pained and terrified whimper, like a wounded animal, as I curled up further into myself to protect myself from any more pain.