⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 32﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 32
𓂃 𖥔 the comfort 𖥔 𓂃⌗

"...you said that I saved you?" vance's words sent a ringing through my ears and panic to settle in, freezing my actions. I lifted myself from vance's chest and pressed my back to the headboard, curling my legs to my chest.

shit.
fuck.
what else did I tell him?
hopefully not too much...
shit. shit. shit.

I cleared my throat and rolled my shoulders.

"o-oh really? w-... what else did I say?" I tried to ask nonchalantly.

"you said that... shit, y/n." vance sat up so he was facing me. the way he cursed and pinched the bridge of his nose made my heart sink. was he angry at me? did he hate me? he took a deep breath and began to talk again.

VANCE POV.
"you said that... shit, y/n." I sat myself up so that I was facing her and pinched the bridge of my nose. I couldn't help but swear under my breath, I was scared. what she said last night terrified me and it took everything in me not to drop her in shock. how was I meant to tell her if she didn't remember? "y/n, you said to me... ok, you thought I was bruce. and you were telling 'bruce' to tell me that you love me, that I saved you, that you... hated yourself and you wanted to... take your own life..."

I finally looked to her, my heart breaking as I saw how her gorgeous e/c eyes had grown immensely wide with fear and had glossed over with tears. they reminded me of that one stupid painting she'd shown me... evan and his kid? I don't remember.

she stared at me blankly, and part of me wondered if she was even still with me. I waited patiently as I could see the cogs turning in her beautiful mind. her mind worked wonders...

"vance..." she choked out, a tear falling.

"oh, angel, don't cry." I reached forward to hug her but she held her hands out to me, keeping me back. I retracted myself and sat back where I was.

"I-I should explain." she said, not meeting my eye. "I... hmm. as you know, before finney was grabbed... you know how my dad was. all the abuse... a-and it was tougher for us because he'd never acted like this before and it all started just after mom had taken her own life. so now I had to mother the kids and basically dad too. I had no help from anyone and no job to support us, only dad's income from his part time. money was — and is still — tight. we were really struggling. bad. and I had to put my own grieving and sadness aside so I could be there for the kids. and I felt a little... pushed out of my friend group as they had all gotten closer during my time off. so for a while, I felt like no one's top priority, I felt my only worth was to help others, I felt unheard. and, for a little while, I wanted to... end it all. but then I met you! and we started getting closer. and I felt heard and loved. and I still feel heard and loved. and I love you. and I'm sorry I said that last night, you didn't need your night ruined."

my heart broke into a million little pieces each time a tear dropped or every time she stuttered or whenever her voice cracked. this girl deserves the world and everything in it, and nobody should take that from her. but instead, she got dealt the shit hand. I yearned to help her in any way possible and promised myself I would. I took a moment to process everything she told me.

"...don't you dare say you ruined my night." was all I could say. "I get what you're saying. wow, I don't really know what to say..." I ran a hand through my hair, cringing when I heard y/n try to stifle a sob and sniffle. I finally looked up. "I love you too. never forget that. if you ever need anyone to talk to or if you ever feel this way again, I'm here. I want you to come straight to me." she nodded and I smiled. "can I hug you now?"

she laughed, despite her tears, and nodded her head. I crawled over and rested my shoulder against the headboard so that I was facing her and wrapped her into my chest. she wound her arms around my middle and sobbed into my chest. my heart sank as I rubbed her back to reassure her.

my y/n blake.

she was my everything. and she deserved none of the shit that had ever been hurled her way. she consumed almost all of my thoughts, day and night. she was the reason I kept going, the reason I went in to school, the reason I took care of myself, the reason I smiled everyday.

she says that I saved her, she thinks I'm strong. but she does not even have a kernel of the knowledge that, just by existing, she saved me in every way possible.

she'll never understand how much I truly love her.

***

Y/N POV.
the car ride home with dad was quiet.

"was the party fun?" he asked.

"yeah." I replied, my head rested on the window.

"uh huh... you ok? you're quiet." he gave me a nervous glance.

"yeah."

"just hungover, huh?" he laughed.

"probably."

"did you drink a lot?"

"think so. can't really remember."

"well... I hope you didn't do anything stupid." dad's voice tensed a little.

"vance took me back to his before I could."

"right... smart kid..."

when I got home, I made myself some lunch and took it to my room. I sat on my bed and poked through my chip packet. I wasn't too hungry, just wanted something to snack on. my sandwich sat on it's plate on my dresser beside me, untouched. I sighed to myself and thought about the conversation I'd had with vance in his room.

I felt bad that he had to worry over something I didn't really feel anymore. he always helps me so much and I don't think he realises it. I love that boy more than almost anything. he is the love of my life and I can't picture my life without him.

thank you to whatever higher being is up there for putting this boy into my life when I needed him.

***

SUPER SHORT CHAPTER SORRYYYY BUT HERE'S SOME HURT/COMFORT 😍