⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 14﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 14
𓂃 𖥔 polaroids and runs 𖥔 𓂃⌗

it was friday after school and the weather was starting to warm up as the friend group, vance and I sat in one of the back fields of the playing fields on the edge of town. courtesy of arlo, we passed around a few beer bottles, vance and I sharing one between us. music crackled from carter's small stereo as he adjusted the knobs to try and get a clear sound. he turned it to another station when cheyenne hurriedly stopped him, claiming she loved the song playing. I listened out for the song.

"you are the dancing queen..."

"oh my god!! cheyenne, dance with me!" I exclaimed, everyone laughing as I pulled cheyenne from her sitting position to jump around with me. we giggled as we stumbled a little, but continued to dance crappily nonetheless.

"are you two ready for the track meet on thursday? kate has not stopped going on about it," vance asked imani and I.

"yeah, it should go well. y/n is gonna ace her sprint," imani winked up at me dancing with cheyenne.

"thank you, imani. you'll do amazing on the 1K, babes, I know it," I smiled.

"guys. guys, watch me do a flip." arlo slurred. he'd had four beers and was stumbling a little, one more and he'd be legally intoxicated.

"great, arlo!" I called to him. "hide the rest of the beers from the lightweight."

carter nodded as everyone else chuckled and quickly stuffed the remaining three beers under his jacket.

"I said watch!"

"looking great, dude!" cameron replied. before we could stop him, arlo jumped backwards and landed on his back with a thud.

"oooooh!" we all cringed.

"I'm ok! the sky looks pretty..." arlo stuck up a thumb to us before dropping it back to his side.

vance watched me as I cautiously eyed up arlo. he knew what I was thinking, I get understandably uncomfortable around drunk people after everything with dad. the song ended and cheyenne and I sat back down. I seated myself beside vance and rested my head on his shoulder. he wrapped him arm around me and brought me closer to lean my head on his chest. he rubbed my arm comfortingly.

"you ok?" he whispered, placing a kiss on my head. I nodded silently in response. "arlo won't do anything, babe. I won't let him."

I giggled at his statement. I heard a loud click and from my peripheral saw a big flash of light. I lifted my head to see cheyenne, bruce and imani all huddled around a polaroid camera in cheyenne's hands, waiting for the picture to release. cheyenne eagerly grabbed the picture with a smile and waved it about to develop the image.

"what's it of?" I asked. she looked at me with a broad smile.

"you'll see," she said as imani 'awww'ed loudly at the developed picture.

"cam, why can't we be like that!" she called to him as he lay on the grass with arlo.

"come cuddle with me then!" the two kept bickering as cheyenne turned the picture to me.