⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 24﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 24
𓂃 𖥔 birthday bash 𖥔 𓂃⌗

AROUND 1 MONTH LATER.
"...happy birthday to you," we all sang.

it had been around a month since the incident and vance had been released from hospital just in time for his birthday. his family, my family and a few of his friends were gathered at his house to celebrate.

he blew out his birthday candles and we all cheered.

"aww, wickle vance blowing out his birthday candles!" his friend, brock, with the long, dark hair squeezed his cheeks together teasingly. vance shoved him away with a grin.

"shut it, brock, your mom still tucks you in." brock whacked him upside the head with a matching grin.

"careful of wickle vance!" maddy exclaimed making him lash is hand out which maddy dodged with a smirk as their mom reprimanded them.

"stop it, you two! right, who wants cake?" everyone cheered again and clambered round her to get a good slice.

I stayed sat beside vance as his mom handed him and I a big slice each. the cake had blue frosting with white open star piping bumping the edges and the words 'Happy Birthday, Pinball Vance!!' written in swirly white writing on the top. it had been a joke between his mom and I that had given a good laugh.

"thank you, mrs hopper,"
"thanks, mom,"

vance and I began to tuck into our cake as gwen came and sat on my lap. she ate her cake with us while chattering to vance and I. brock and vance's other two friends — kalum and markus — sat around us. after a little while once we'd finished our cake, gwen went off to play with katy, olivia and sydney.

"so... you two done the deed yet?" markus asked with a smirk.

"fuck off, markus." I said.

"c'mon, dude," vance reprimanded, but his smirk gave it away.

"bro, you haveee!!" kalum clapped his hands together while brock laughed.

"high five, sex machine!" I denied brock's high five with a glare.

"dude, don't call my girlfriend that." vance's voice suddenly held venom and the three 'oooh'ed tauntingly at us. meanwhile, I covered my flushed cheeks and slumped in my seat.

"aren't you two cuties." kalum jokingly rested his arms on his knees and put his face in his hands like a girl listening to gossip. "have you said the l word?!"

vance and I shared a cheeky look.

"oh my god, they have!!"
"awww, so adorable!"
"ew, gross."

"shut up, brock, just cuz you get no pussy." I whacked vance's arm at his statement. "what?!"

"that's not all women are!" I exclaimed.

"no, but it's a great attribute." markus justified.

"an attribute that's just so gripping." the boys laughed at kalum's pun.

"wow, how not demeaning to women!" I laughed before raising myself from my seat. "I'm going to get a water, anybody want anything?"

the boys all said no and I headed off to the kitchen.

***

after presents had been opened, people began to trail off. it was late and brock, kalum and markus were first to go. as they announced their leave, vance moved to stand up.