⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 25﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 25
𓂃 𖥔 biology 𖥔 𓂃⌗

monday.

everybody hate mondays, right?

well, I especially hated this monday as it was my first day back at school. I woke up in an anxious state. I slowly moved from my bed to get dressed.

deciding to try and make myself look more confident then I felt, I chose a black, slightly low cut, fitted t-shirt with a black, slightly flowy skirt that reached my mid-thigh. I paired it with my pair of doc martens and began my makeup. only minimal, nothing special. I left my hair {hair style} and assessed myself in the mirror.

I felt it was too much. I rooted around my closet before I pulled out a black cardigan. I pulled it on and buttoned it up. (image below but imagine the top I described instead of the bralette and no bag x)

my neck felt a little bare so I pulled on the dainty gold necklace that vance had bought me for christmas. I picked up my bag from the corner of my room and pulled it onto my right shoulder. from there, I went to wake up finney and gwen and then brush my teeth.

***

dad pulled up to the school and stopped the car. I looked to the building out of my window and sighed.

"you ready?" dad asked me. I nodded. "you sure? do you still have that... card that they gave you?" I nodded again. "ok."

"I have to go in now." I muttered.

"you do. you can do this, y/n. remember what dr stone said. you can't let tom karls rule your life forever." dad said. I nodded again and grabbed my bag.

"i'll see you later," I said to him as I opened my car door and joined the masses of students flowing into the school.

everywhere I turned, people were looking at me. they whispered things to each other or gave me sympathetic looks and smiles. I smiled back but I hated the attention I was getting. the last thing I wanted was to be the centre of everyone's conversations. I looked around at everyone, but they were already looking at me. I sighed and turned to my locker where my friend group were already gathered, making me smile.

"there she isss!!" the sound of cheyenne screaming and running up to me broke me from my thoughts. she caught me in a bone crushing hug that knocked the air from my lungs. "we missed youuuu!"

"I saw you on saturday!" I laughed.

"it's still been so long." she said.

"hey, girl," imani pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"let's go to your locker!" the two girls led me to my locker.

it had been decorated by seemingly the rest of the school. pictures of me had been posted up and little notes and candy had been sellotaped to it.

"I-... wow!" k, so much for not being centre of attention. I forced a fake smile and from the corner of my eye, I saw arlo and carter share a look.

"the school just started it! I think it started with kady — you know kady maddox — when she put up a little goodluck note on it. and it just grew!" cheyenne explained with a big smile. "we provided the pictures. I thought they were a cute touch."

"yeah... wow. I'm just a bit... shocked- surprised! it's... lovely." my heart melted a little at cheyenne's hopeful face. she'd obviously put in a lot of effort to this and wanted me to like it.

"we'll take it down on friday, it'll be a bit worn out by then. or whenever you want. wednesday? no. too soon. friday's good." I nodded with cheyenne as I fully took in the decorated locker.