⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 26﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 26
𓂃 𖥔 keeping secrets 𖥔 𓂃⌗

the door slammed behind me as I stormed into the house.

"hey, y/n! how was your first day?" dad asked me from his armchair.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I stomped straight through the front room down to the corridor that lead to the bedrooms.

"hey! what happened?" dad got up and followed me. he caught me as I was going into my room and stopped me. "hey, hey, hey. what happened? it couldn't have been that bad."

"yes, it was! first, everyone's staring at me and I'm the literal number one topic of conversation. cuz that's exactly what I want. secondly, my locker's all decorated and shit and I can hardly get into it. thirdly, there's a new seating plan for bio so I'm not sat by vance anymore. no, instead he's sat by amanda hobbs who's sooo in love with him and all over him and tryna feel him up all the time! then, she tells him something that obviously pisses him off but he won't tell me what it is and all day, amanda and her stupid friends are all like 'oh just wait til he tells her!' and 'they'll be over by the end of the week!' and 'can't wait to see how that goes!'. I hate it there, dad. I hate it, I hate it! just homeschool me or it's gonna fucking kill me!" and with that, I went into my room and slammed the door behind me.

I flopped face down onto my bed and screamed into my pillow, pressing it around my head. I stopped when my phone rang beside me. not even lifting my head, I reached over, picked up the receiver and dropped it back onto the holder. as I lay for a few seconds still stewing in my anger and despair, the phone rang again. I lifted my head before panic took over me. flashes of tom karls calling my phone washed over me and my hands began to shake as I reached over. I picked the receiver up and brought it to my ear.

"h-hello?" my voice was shaky as I spoke into it.

"y/n? y/n, it's me. bruce." I sighed with relief and began to calm down. "you ok?"

"yeah, yeah, I'm fine. just... bad reaction to the phone ringing nowadays," I let out an awkward chuckle and bruce copied.

"just checking how you are, I'm at the grab'n'go with vance, I bumped into him here. and we've just been talking so we decided to check up on you. you sure you ok? you seemed to leave school in a bit of a rush." I moved so I was sat up and my legs were curled up to my chest.

"yeah, I'm fine. just a bit of a shit day." I replied.

"is it what amanda hobbs told vance? i'm sure it's not that bad!" I rolled my eyes.

"if it's not that bad then vance can tell me what she said!" bruce hummed at my statement.

"one sec." he pulled the phone away from his ear and there was about a minute of muffled mutters. "I'm sure it's not that bad!"

I paused as I thought. he's already said that, why's he saying it again?...

"you know what it is, don't you?" I said.

"n-no!" he exclaimed quickly. I let my legs hang over the bed.

"oh my god, you do!" I stood up.