⌗ 𓂃 𖥔༌ ᰷ ﹅chapter 29﹅ ᰷ 𖥔༌ 𓂃⌗

CHAPTER 29
𓂃 𖥔 finding my confidence 𖥔 𓂃⌗

🌶️  smut warning for the last half, I'm not gonna lie to you.

"dad! why can't you let me defend myself?!" I was stood in the living room arguing with dad over the fight that had happened during the day.

"defending yourself doesn't have to be fighting, y/n. what happened to you being all sassy and sarcastic? when did all that stop?!"

"all that stopped when I stopped putting up with amanda's bullshit!"

"you watch your language, young lady."

"don't young lady me!"

"I will address you how I want because you are my daughter. you live under my roof. I am your father." as dad took a step towards me, I flinched. my hands moved up to cover my face and I took a scared step back, fear taking over my body and reducing me to violent shakes. dad stopped himself and watched as my breathing became laboured and shaky. his face contorted from angry to sad and regretful. "shit. y/n. I'm sorry." he sighed. "just... go on."

I scurried away, tears brewing, as dad turned and placed his hand on his forehead, cursing himself. once I reached my room, I let out an ear-piercing scream of anger. I sat on my bed and put my head in my hands as I broke down into tears.

I hated how stupid amanda could make me feel so pathetic and worthless. I hated how she had been together with vance. I hated how she flirted with vance non-stop, completely disregarding me and my relationship with him. I hated how she made me feel that she was better than me in every way.

the door opened and dad walked in slowly, but I couldn't bring myself to care. he came and sat on the bed beside me, wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his chest. as dad comforted me, I sobbed harder.

"I'm sorry..." I murmured out.

"it's ok, I get it. I'm sorry for being unreasonable and scaring you."

***

"you got suspended?!" finney exclaimed while we sat at the dinner table eating.

"that's badass!" gwen smiled while I chuckled.

"language, gwen." dad warned.

"sorry, daddy. but why did you fight her?" gwen asked.

"I... she was being very horrible and making up rumours about me." I said, not going into detail.

"did you win?" finney asked and dad suppressed a sigh.

"duh, who do you think I am?— I mean... it's not about winning or losing..." I caught myself last minute but they heard me and shared a cheeky grin.

"do not go getting ideas, you two." dad warned them.

***

"so you got suspended for sticking up for yourself?" vance spat through the phone.

"yeah but it's fine. it'll be nice to have a few days off." I laughed.

"want me to bunk tomorrow and we can hang out at the grab'n'go?" he asked.

"nah, you don't need to." I responded.

"the only reason I go to school is because of you, I'm not going if you're not there. meet me at the grab'n'go at 11." he ordered. I felt myself blush and smile.