'You're Proud?' ~ Lucy Bronze

Lucy Bronze X Chelsea Player! Reader

Chelsea FC Women are delighted to announce the signing of English International Evelyn Asher on a two year deal ahead of the 2022/23 season. 

Manchester United have now reluctantly agreed to sell Evelyn Asher after rejecting multiple offers from Chelsea this summer. The fee for her is officially undisclosed but it sets a new world record for a transfer in Women's Football. 

Joining from the WSL side Manchester United on August 7th, the 25 year old has signed with the Blues until Summer 2024 and will wear shirt number 1.  

Upon signing, Asher said: 'It's a fantastic honour to join Chelsea and to be the first choice goal keeper despite the wealth of talent here! I am very thankful for the opportunity that has been given to me.' 

'The time was right for me to make this big move to London even if I'm only from Manchester and I cannot wait to meet the team in friendly terms and not playing against them all and the fans later this summer at Kingsmeadow and at the famous Stamford Bridge!' 

The fee for Asher, who has signed a two-year contract, is officially undisclosed but it sets a new world record for a transfer in the women's game.

The previous world record is believed to be Pernille Harder's £300k move to Chelsea from Wolfsburg in September 2020. However, US deals involve allocation fees and trade assets so final fees are undisclosed.

Manchester United reluctantly agreed to sell Asher after rejecting multiple offers from Chelsea this summer. Asher was in the final year of her contract and was keen on the move.

Manchester United are now looking at replacements for James before next Thursday's WSL Transfer deadline.

Asher played a key role for England as they won Euro 2022 this summer, being the first choice goalkeeper for the home side, and bringing home 4 clean sheets out of the six games they played, only letting in two goals through out the run in the competition. 

Commenting on Asher's move to the Blues, Emma Hayes said: 'Evelyn brings a wealth of speed to the games and is a versatile player who is able to play in any scenario given to her.' 

Asher will begin pre-season training with the Blues later this summer. Welcome to Chelsea, Evelyn!

~~ 

I closed my phone after looking at the Sky Sports article, and I placed my phone on the bedside table, well my soon to be old bedside table. 

Yeah, I was moving to Chelsea from Manchester United, but that was only tomorrow. I was almost ready to move out of mine and Lucy's Manchester home, which had been lived in for a very very long time. 

Lucy only had one suitcase left with us, it was only half of her clothes, only two pairs of her million pairs of shoes left behind. 

"Babe." I heard a mumble from my girlfriend as I rolled over into her arms with a small smile.

I just hummed in reply, tilting my head up to look at her through my eye lashes.

"What are you doing up?" Lucy asked as I cuddled further into her chest.

"My phone was going wild." I shook my head. "The article went up this morning about my move to Chelsea." 

"Yeah, everyone thought you would come with me to Barca." Lucy muttered into my hair, a smirk obvious on her lips. 

"I would never survive there, the sun, I would burn in a second. And I can barely speak English let alone another language." I told my woman with a smile on my face, one that I knew would be hard to replicate without her by my side.