Heartbreak Part. 2 ~ Patri Guijarro

Patri Guijarro X England Player! Reader 

After all of the final and my little breakdown of my emotions all piling on top of me. And I sat there in the locker room watching the press conference. 

Watching what the Clown of the Spanish National team had to say about the team's performance. 

But watching there was an unexpected question that caught me, as I just sat there frozen listening to it all. "What do you make of what Maisie Dunn said about you in her post match interview?" A reported asked of him. 

"What interview?" Olga asked of them as I just waited. 

"I think that little girls like her need to shut their mouths when they've been beaten." Vilda told them all with a straight face as my face dropped. 

You did not just call me a little girl. 

"And I think that you can't say a coach isn't needed, who brought all of these players together?" Vilda just asked. 

I'd say Alexia Putellas, Jenni Hermoso, but nothing to do with you. Other than their hatred for you. 

Now being told these things by a stranger never really affected me. BUT being told this by a man who is a part of the federation my friends are playing for. And I play under Barcelona, and this man I will see again. 

And I just sat there, before I finally moved, and that was only me shaking my head. 

"Just like Gianni Infantino said this week, I think Dunn needs to learn when she should fight battles, because this is not a door she can open. And she does not need to open the doors." He told the press conference. I just wanted to leave now. 

~~

By the next morning I had barely slept and it had gotten to the evening before it was time for another interview, however this time for ITV. As it was morning over in the UK. 

And I was on camera with Alison Hammond interviewing me. "How do you feel?" She asked me as I sat there looking at her. 

"Honestly, I'm... meh." I told her as I shook my head. "I watched his press conference yesterday. I have never been scared by what a man has said to me, but what he said last night." 

"It did, it touched a nerve." I told her. "This isn't about me, as much as some people have tried to say. It isn't." 

"This is about the 15 women who refused to play under that man because of his terrible conditions they have to be in when they are in camp. Because he is an abuser. Not a physical abuser but an emotional and physical abuser." I told her as I shook my head. 

"How did you react to the press conference in the moment?" She asked me. 

"It was insulting, because this is a battle I need to fight because no one is fighting him now, no one is doing anything about a literal abuser!" I told her as I wanted to scream and cry. "And I've seen someone defend him on Twitter yesterday about how he isn't an abuser because there is nothing physical about it." 

"This is an abuse of power, emotional abuse. The things he says to them, the things he does causes them to lose control of their own life, lose control of their sanity." I told her as I shook my head. 

"And I know what he has said to them...." I told her as I got really passionate. 

"Why do you know?" Alison asked me as she raised an eyebrow. Really my relationship is so public. 

"My girlfriend is Patri Guijarro, and she is a member of the Las 15 the girl who refused to be called up. And she refused to come to the world cup." I told her with a nod. "And one time after coming home before the Euros, Vilda had spoken to them and what she told me." 

"It was like he was talking to a piece of pardon my French, shit on the bottom of their shoe, like he doesn't need them." I told her as I shook my head. 

"So yeah. This is my battle." I told her with a nod. 

~~

It felt like an eternity before anything changed, in reality. It was really only a week. When I was watching the celebration of the Spanish national Team in Madrid. 

I sat there watching what was happening as none of the players did anything, all of them were in united outfits. Outfits which all were their suits with Vilda Out written all over them. 

And I watched as Alexia got to speak into the microphone which had been silently passed along the line to her. 

"We the Spanish Women's National team have all unanimously decided to resign." Alexia said as there were screams from the crowd watching them. 

"Us members of the Las 15 and now all of the Spanish players stood before you will refuse to be called up for the rest of our careers unless you fire Jorge Vilda." Alexia slowly spoke out in Spanish. 

"And refuse to ever hire him again under the federation." She completed, handing the microphone off to Irene. 

"How he has not only treated us, but spoken about fellow footballers who is our friend and team mate is against our belief and we are tired of it." Irene spoke up at the same pace Alexia had done. 

"If you do hire him ever again while we have been called up after his firing, then we will all resign again and refuse to be called up for good." Irene added. 

"And due to this our World Cup victory and celebration is done." Irene Parades told the crowd before the players all left one by one from the space and walked away from this team once and for all. 

I was immediately on the phone to Aitana, my best friend. As I knew she would pick up. 

"What was that about?" I practically screamed down the phone at him. 

"Oh that?" Aitana I could tell was smirking. 

"Oh yeah that." I told her in the same tone. 

"We're done. We're all done." She told me. 

"First time we've all agreed on something recently." Olga spoke up as she stood by the girl. "We are a team after all." 

"You better not have done this because of me." I asked her really concerned she fucked up her international career because of me. 

"Oh please not because of you." Aitana just told me as I rolled my eyes. 

"It's because he's a prick who doesn't know when not to fight battles against Maisie Dunn!" Alexia told me down the phone using Vilda's words against him now. 

"It's because we love you." Irene told me with a smile. "And all of us deserve to play together again." I know this was to Patri, she wanted all of Spain to play together again. 

"And no one threatens to make get you to shut up, it's why we love you." Ona now told me with a smile. "And that gob of yours."