11) giving up power

"You see the twins" Issac asked Peter and Sofia. "No" Sofia said. "No but I see the Argents" Peter said. "Not to bring up uncomfortable memories but" Issac said.

"Wasn't the last time you saw them the time you killed Kate and then they burned you alive hmm" Issac asked and he and Sofia looked seeing Peter gone.

"Not gonna lie I would've done the same" Sofia said before she and Isaac got out of the car going towards the Argents.

"Where are the others" Allison asked. "I don't know Scott and Stiles went back for Derek and Jennifer we had to get Cora out" Issac said.

Derek had pulled up in a van and parked the car getting out. "Derek" Sofia said relieved. Derek had saw her and smiled at her before going to grab Cora.

"Where's Scott and Stiles" Allison asked. "Stiles is still at the hospital he's gonna hold off the cops for us" Derek said and picked up Cora.

"We have to go right now" Issac said. "What about Scott and Melissa" Argent asked and Derek put Cora in the backseat of the van with Sofia sitting beside her.

"Jennifer took Melissa" Derek said and closed the door heading to get in the driver's side.

"What about Scott" Allison asked but Derek ignored her. "Derek where's Scott" Allison asked and Derek faced her.

>>>

Sofia was with Derek and Issac at the loft watching over Cora. "She's dying isn't she" Issac asked. "I don't know" Derek said.

"So, what are you gonna do" Issac asked. "I don't know" Derek said. "Issac would you calm down" Sofia said. "Want to figure something out" Issac asked.

"Because while Scott and Stiles were out there and I'm sorry Sofia I know he cheated on you, but they were out there trying to help people from being killed you were in here sleeping with my best friend" Issac said and Sofia sighed.

"Do you get how many people Jennifer's killed" Issac asked. "Erica and Boyd are dead Cora is dying and you are doing nothing" Issac said.

"Why'd you do this to us Derek was it all about the power were you bored were you lonely" Issac asked.

"Maybe" Derek told Isaac looking at him before looking back at Cora. "I told Cora I wouldn't leave I'll help the others when I figure out to help her" Derek said.

"There's no time" Issac yelled. "Isaac" Sofia said. "The full moon's coming the sheriff and Melissa are gonna be dead so I'm gonna try and help them you can sit here and perfect the art of doing nothing" Issac said.

"Sof, you coming" Issac asked. "I think I should stay with Derek" Sofia said and Issac left slamming the door.

"Don't let him get to you he's just worried" Sofia said, and Derek nodded.

"I wouldn't take it personally like your lovely girlfriend said anger is just a tool he's using it to excuse shifting allegiance from one alpha to another from you to Scott" Peter said.

"Scott's not an alpha yet" Derek said. "But he's on his way isn't he" Peter asked.

>>>

Derek saw Cora in pain and took her arm and started to take some of her pain. "Derek" Sofia said. "Derek" Sofia said again, and he let go. "Careful" Peter said.

"Don't worry I know going too far could kill me" Derek said. "That's not exactly what I meant" Peter said and Sofia looked at Peter confused.

>>>

"I've heard it's only something an alpha can do and with good reason" Peter said. "Which is" Derek asked.

"You know normal wolves never abandon an injured member of the pack they care for it they bring it food from a kill and then regurgitate it into the mouth of the injured wolf they even give it physical and emotional comfort by intensely grooming it in a way they can do more than just ease pain they can be instrumental in healing their own" Peter said.

"If you're trying to tell me I can save her, just tell me" Derek said. "I'm telling you I've heard it's possible" Peter said. "How" Derek asked.

"It's that spark of power that makes you an alpha when you take her pain, she draws on the power that provides you with those special gifts the power that heightens your senses your strength the power that transforms your body as an alpha you have that bit of extra that spark intensifies the color of your eyes from a bright yellow into a searing red" Peter said.

"If I can save her" Derek said. "If, if I didn't say it works every time it could just as easily kill you" Peter said.

"How do I do it by taking her pain" Derek asked. "And then some because there's a cost" Peter said.

>>>

Derek was about to go to Cora when Peter stopped him. "I can understand not seeing a downside to this as you haven't exactly been alpha of the year" Peter said.

"And who was, you" Sofia asked and Peter rolled his eyes. "But think about what else you'd be losing" Peter said.

"I don't care about power not anymore" Derek said. "What about the power to fight back" Peter asked. "Correct me if I'm wrong but Kali's ultimatum still stands the full moon is tomorrow night and if you couldn't beat her as an alpha" Peter said.

"How do you think you're gonna face as a beta" Peter asked. "I don't care" Derek said.

"What if this was exactly what Jennifer was hoping for" Peter asked. "She would know the only way for you to save Cora would be giving up your power maybe that's what she was gonna have you do at the hospital" Peter said.

"Why" Derek asked. "So that you wouldn't be able to face the alphas without her she wants you to come to her it's all part of her little plan she tried to seduce you and that failed to work so instead she became your friend, and she is still manipulating you she needs you on her side" Peter said.

>>>

Lydia had come by the loft hoping Derek and Peter knew where the nemeton was. "You don't know where it is Stiles said you'd been there" Lydia said.

"We have but after a few memorable experiences there Talia, Derek's mother and my older sister decided that she didn't ever want us going back she knew how dangerous it was and took the memory of its location from us" Peter said.

"But then how are we supposed to find it" Lydia asked and Peter shrugged. "Sorry Lydia" Sofia said, and Lydia nodded. "It's okay worth a shot" Lydia said.

>>>

Derek and Sofia continued to watch Cora seeing her struggle to fight more. "It's gotta be now I don't have a choice" Derek said.

"You always have a choice it's whether or not you can live with the consequences facing Kali as a beta" Peter said.

"But it's not just a full moon it's a lunar eclipse we'll all be powerless" Derek said.

>>>

Derek had looked at Cora some before making up his mind. "I have to do this" Derek said.

"I know it's okay save your sister I love you" Sofia said. "I love you too" Derek said and took Cora's hand taking her pain.

Peter and Sofia both had watched worried. Derek had looked up to the ceiling glowing his eyes roaring till they turned blue.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.