6) Buddhists

Stiles, Sofia, and Derek were at the animal clinic trying to hold Brett down so Deaton could get make the incision as he was poisoned by Violet.

"What is happening to this kid" Stiles asked. "He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible" Deaton said going to them.

"Hey Derek, Sof, how about a little werewolf strength" Stiles asked. "Don't you think we're trying here" Sofia said.

Yeah, we're not the only ones with werewolf strength" Derek said.

"If you can't hold him still the incision might kill him" Deaton said. "Derek, Sof, he's slipping I don't think I can hold him" Stiles said.

Brett opened his eyes pushing everyone back as he got up. Brett was about to leave but Peter punched him causing him to fall down. "Talk about perfect timing" Sofia said.

"I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself" Peter said.

"Yeah, maybe more than a little" Derek said. Derek looked at his arm seeing it wasn't healing. "Hey Doc, I don't think he's breathing" Stiles said as he and Sofia rushed to Brett.

Deaton made the incision as Brett could finally breathe again.

"Is he okay" Stiles asked. "I sure hope so" Sofia said. "I think he'll probably be fine but probably be out for a while" Deaton said. Derek looked at his arm again and saw it finally healed.

"Guys can you hear that" Stiles asked. "I think he's saying something" Stiles said.

"The sun, the moon, the truth, the sun, the moon, the truth" Brett said. "Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth" Deaton said and looked at Derek. "It's Buddhist" Deaton said. "Satomi" Peter said.

>>>

Derek called for Malia at the school as he and Sofia were waiting for her to come out.

Once she finally came out, she saw Sofia and Derek as she walked till, she found them. "What are you doing here" Malia asked.

"Brett's still out of it Fia and I need to find his pack and warn them about the dead pool" Derek said. "So, what do you need me for" Malia asked.

"I know a little something about this pack they have a kind of secret meeting place in the woods no one's spent more time in the woods of Beacon Hills than you" Derek said as he and Sofia approached Malia.

"This is Brett's" Derek said tossing her the jersey. "Breath it in" Derek said.

"I'm not good at that yet" Malia said. "Try it I'll teach you" Derek said. "It's okay he's a really good teacher" Sofia said, and Malia started to try it.

"Focus on the different scents some are tied to identity others give off an emotion" Derek said and Malia looked like she got a scent. "Well looks like she got something" Sofia said.

>>>

Malia, Derek, and Sofia got out of the car and started walking.

"Their alpha is a woman named Satomi she's one of the oldest werewolves alive and she's learned a lot" Derek said. "What does that mean" Malia asked.

"She's a bitten werewolf learning control wasn't easy for her she did something a long time ago that changed her the quote is a mantra it helps them with control" Derek said and Sofia along with Malia smelt something. "What is it" Derek asked.

"I smell something" Sofia said. "Gunpowder" Malia said.

Malia and Sofia walked to the smell as Derek bent down seeing it observing it. "If Brett's pack is out here, I don't think they're meeting" Derek said. "They're hiding" Sofia said and Derek nodded.

>>>

Derek, Malia, and Sofia got back in the car after not finding the pack. "I'm sorry" Malia said.

"There's nothing to be sorry about If they don't want to be found then we're not going to find them some werewolves have an ability a kind of mastery cover their bodies where they can actually inhibit their scent" Derek said.

"They can hide from other werewolves" Malia asked.

"From anyone who's trying to find them" Derek said. "So that's why nobody knew about Brett" Malia said.

"Same with Demarco" Derek said. "Well, that explains a lot" Sofia said.

"Maybe we need to try something different maybe we need to think like Stiles" Malia said. "Like a hyperactive spaz" Derek asked and Sofia glared at him. "Derek be nice" Sofia said.

"Like a detective if they're really Buddhists than maybe instead of asking where werewolves hide, we should be asking" Malia said before Derek realized what she was saying and interrupted her.

"Where Buddhists hide" Derek said. Derek looked like he had an idea.

"When Buddha sat under the Bodhi tree he looked to the east for enlightenment" Derek said. "Is there some kind of eastern point to Beacon Hills" Malia asked. "Yeah, at lookout point" Derek said.

>>>

Malia, Derek, and Sofia were walking when Sofia and Malia smelt something, and Malia stopped Derek. "Malia" Derek asked.

"You don't smell that" Malia asked. "How do you not smell that is everything okay" Sofia asked Derek.

"Wait for me both of you" Derek said. "I'm not a dog well I am but I'm not a pet dog" Sofia said. "Right here" Derek said before going to see what the smell is, and he saw an entire pack dead.

>>>

Malia and Sofia caught up with Derek seeing what had happened. "What happened" Malia asked.

"I think they might have been poisoned" Derek said.

"That's great if assassins with guns don't get you, the ones with wolfsbane poison will or maybe one with no mouth maybe we should all be running from Beacon Hills running for our lives as fast as we can" Malia said. "Probably be the smart thing to do" Sofia said.

Derek, Sofia, and Malia started to walk away. Sofia and Derek heard twigs breaking and they both looked to see where it was coming from.

Sofia saw a hand and she ran to see it was Braeden and held her seeing she was hurt. "Derek" Sofia yelled, and Derek rushed over seeing Braeden.

Lex here don't forget to feel free to comment and ask questions.