12) starting over

Derek had woken up after he had saved Cora's life and Cora had helped him get a drink of water. "You're okay" Derek said. "I'm doing much better than you are right now and all because of you" Cora said.

"Hopefully not all for nothing" Peter said and Sofia looked at him from leaning against the wall.

"Funny I don't remember asking for your opinion" Sofia said. "Are you ever going to trust me" Peter asked.

"Not likely" Sofia said, and Peter sighed before going back to Derek.

"The moon is rising Derek you drained your battery all the way to the red and there is a fully charged alpha on her way to rip you, limb from limb" Peter said.

"I'll be fine in a few hours" Derek said. "I sincerely hope so because a few hours, is all that you have" Peter said.

>>>

Ethan and Lydia had come to the loft to warn Derek about Kali coming to kill him. "We know about the lunar eclipse so don't think Kali's gonna sit around waiting for it to level the playing field she's coming and my brother's coming with her" Ethan said.

"Good enough for me" Peter said. "Derek" Peter asked. "You want me to run" Derek asked.

"No, I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an alpha with a psychotic foot fetish" Peter said sarcastically.

"Of course, I want you to run, sprint, gallop, leap your way out of this town" Peter said.

"If you want to fight and die for something that's fine with me but do it for something meaningful" Cora said. "How do you know I'm gonna lose" Derek asked.

"We don't but I bet she has an idea don't you Lydia" Peter said getting closer to Lydia and Sofia got in front of Lydia.

"You wanna get to her you go through me" Sofia said. "I don't know anything" Lydia said.

"But you feel something don't you" Peter said. "What do you feel" Derek asked. "I feel like I'm standing in a graveyard" Lydia said and then she looked at Sofia.

"Sof" Lydia said, and Sofia looked at her. "You should go with Derek" Lydia said. "What no" Sofia said.

"Sof, go you have to Kali will use you to get to Derek you know that" Lydia said. "But Lydia" Sofia said. "You are my best friend okay I can't lose you" Lydia said and Sofia sighed. "Please" Lydia said. "Okay" Sofia said.

>>>

Kali had arrived at the loft with Aiden, and she saw Lydia and Ethan. "Where is he" Kali asked. Lydia had snapped her fingers before answering.

"I think he said he was heading out to do some shopping run a few errands the usual" Lydia said and cleared her throat. "Werewolf afternoon" Lydia said.

"Who do you think you're talking to" Kali asked. "Someone in desperate need of a pedicure I'd be happy to give you a referral" Lydia said and Kali started to get closer when Aiden growled, and Kali looked at him. "Oh really" Kali said.

>>>

Derek, Cora, and Sofia had got in the car with Derek in the drivers Sofia in the passengers and Cora in the back. Peter walked to the window and looked at Derek.

"Don't call until you're at least 100 miles away go" Peter said and Derek drove off. Sofia had looked at Cora and then Derek.

Derek grabbed Sofia's hand and held it as he drove.

>>>

"Did someone take their little assignment seriously" Kali asked Aiden. "She is not the problem" Aiden said. "Maybe the problem is where your loyalties lie" Kali said.