Just Married!

The Potter wedding was the event of the year in the wizarding world and as such there were a great many guests to cram together for the reception. Luckily, being all contained into a magical snowglobe, it made for easy altering of the landscape to fit.

Sirius stared, impressed with Remus, as Remus waved his wand and the trees that formed the chapel unbent and stood tall, separating out to reveal that there was a long table that ran all through them in a winding, snake-like shape. It didn't seem that any two chairs were identical - like the seats at the wedding itself, the table was lined with everything from benches to an ornate, velvet lined throne. There was a hundred million twinkle lights, strands of ribbon and lace and beads and paper snowflake that hung from the trees all along the length of it. On the table itself, boughs of spruce and pine lay in clusters, pinecones, and sticks of all sorts of wood and bark patterns clustered about as the center piece, and mingled throughout were jam jars with glowing rice grains contained inside. The jars held sprigs of bluebells that hung their heads in vibrant blue arcs.

The entire lot of them sat and Remus stood up at his place beside Lily, somewhere in the middle where everyone from each side could see the bride and groom. Remus cleared his throat and used a golden spoon to tap gently against the high flute of shimmering champagne that he held. Silence ripped through the forest and soon every eye was on Remus, who flushed at the attention.

"Well, Sirius got to say his bit at the Stag party yesterday, as some of you heard... an the rest of you, you know Sirius, and therefore you can imagine the dramatic show of profanity-laced Potter-worship it was..."

A laugh echoed about the table and Marlene Mackinnon yelled,"I thought he was about to marry James himself!"

"Sod off Mackinnon!" Sirius barked from the other side of James.-

Remus continued, "But seeing as he was technically co-maid of honor with Alice, and I was technically best man - I should like my own moment." He turned to look at Lily and James. "First of all, it's about bleedin' time, the lot of you, and it's a real relief we made it here at last. I had my doubts for a time there whether we would ever make it to this day or if the story would just fade off - cut off before the happy ever afters. I'm glad for it that you got your fairytale moment here."

"And it looks the part, too!" Meg Johnson sighed dreamily.

"Does it ever!" Annalee Mackinnon agreed.

"All my Moony's doing!" Sirius cried proudly and Remus flushed all the harder.

"B- Bril- Brilliant spatial m-m-magic, Remus," Newt Scamander said.

"Thanks, you lot," Remus said. He took a deep breath then continued his speech. "You see, I am glad, too, that I get a chance to stand here before everyone that we know and love and say thank you to James and Lily Potter for their kindness and love toward me all these years. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them, and if I was I'd be a different person entirely." Remus raised his champagne glass to them, and said, "To James and Lily... that they may have a long and happy life full of the good things that they themselves have always given to us."

"To James and Lily!" everyone toasted.

"Well said, Moony.... Now good grub, good meat - good God, let's eat!" Sirius recited, and with a great many cracking sounds the plates were full of everyone's favorite meal. 

The assortment of meals was so varied it was laughable. Peter Pettigrew had a stack of food nearly as tall as he was, while Tina Scamander had a hotdog with mustard wrapped in a foil package, and Meg Johnson was looking at a bowl full of macaroni and cheese. Dumbledore grinned at his platter of petit fours while Frank Longbottom slurped long spaghetti noodles.