The Out of Order Meeting

"Did you get the patronous?" Sirius burst through the flat door.

Remus and Peter were standing in the living room. Remus was leaning against the mantel and he looked up at Sirius and Marlene as they came in the room, and Sirius could tell by the upset look on his face that they had, indeed, gotten the patronus.

Peter nodded, "Yeah. What d'you reckon it's about? The meeting?"

"Dunno," Sirius answered, "But I reckon we ought to get over there." He hurried to the shelf where they kept the floo powder. 

Marlene glanced down at her clothes, "Merlin's beard, I can't believe I'm going anywhere dressed like this."

"I'd offer you another t-shirt, but I'd never get it back," Sirius said, taking his handful of the powder out of the snuff box and holding it out to her.

"Take a picture of it to remember it by, then, you arsehole," she answered, taking the snuffbox, flushing as she took her share of powder. She handed it off to Peter.

"Oh Sirius, you could take a photo with your camera!" Peter said, not getting the meaning of Marlene's statement.

"Shut up, Wormtail," Sirius said.

Remus took the snuffbox from Peter, took out his handful of powder and returned the box to its proper place. "Go on Peter." 

"Me first?"

"Yeah." Remus waved a palm.

Peter gave Remus a funny look, then chucked the powder into the hearth. "MOODY'S HOUSE!" he shouted and he disappeared in a flash of light. 

Sirius's eyes met Remus's. There was a long moment in which their stare stayed locked, and he paused, licking his lips. "Marly, darling, go next."

"Ugh, I cannot believe I'm going in my pyjamas!" she stepped into the hearth, "Moody's place I guess!" and she was gone.

"What were you, watching us out the window just now?" Sirius asked the moment she was gone.

"I glanced."

"Long enough to see I stepped back?" Sirius asked.

"Did you?"

"Of course I did."

Remus drew a deep breath.

Sirius raised his eyebrow, "C'mon, you cannot possibly have thought that I enjoyed that?"

"Well you did date her once."

"EONS AGO!" Sirius said, "And we broke up, too, didn't we?"

"Yes but you've done a lot of cuddling her lately."

"She's heartbroken," Sirius said, "She needed it."

"Okay."

"Don't be pisser."

"I'm not pisser," Remus snapped. But even as he said it, he knew he was being pisser. 

Sirius rolled his eyes, "You're the only one I want to be with, you arsehole," Sirius said and he threw his powder into the hearth, "And I told her that. So calm your tits. MOODY'S HOUSE." And he was gone.

Remus stood alone in the flat and shook his head, then threw his own powder into the fire. "Moody's," he muttered and he felt the world spin as he twisted through the network, flying past an array of hearths until he'd landed and stepped neatly out into a living room.

The moment he had, a wand was pressed against his neck. "The - the n-name of the Charkorias birds w-we once - once saved t-together?" Newt Scamander held Remus's shoulder firmly.