Checked Out in the Library

Three days later and Sirius was still singing the Muppet Show Theme Song under his breath. 

Bilius Weasley looked over at him, pausing to wipe his brow with the back of his wrist and catch his breath after having chased a gnome about a garden for an easy ten minutes of strenuous running. The witch kept her garden at a steady 26 degrees celsius even in the middle of March and Bil could feel beads of sweat working their way across his forehead. 

"Oi, what the bloody hell are you singing over there?"

Sirius paused in humming and looked up. "What? Singing?"

"Yes, singing - you've been doing it all morning."

Sirius paused, thinking, then shrugged, "Am I doing that outloud? Sorry mate."

Moments later he was back to it. "Oi! Sirius. You're doing it again."

"Sorry, sorry! I've got this bleedin' song in my head."

"Let me guess," Bilius said warily, "Queen?"

"Nah," Sirius smirked, "Kermit the Frog."

"Come again?" Bilius looked at Sirius with raised eyebrows. 

"Yeah, yeah, it's brilliant -"

"An actual frog?"

"Well no he's made of felt, see --"

Bilius stood facing Sirius, gripping a gnome he'd just rooted out by the ankles, and stared at him with a concerned expression. "You got heat stroke or something, Black?"

Sirius spent the next twenty minutes telling Bilius Weasley about the Muppet Show that he'd watched. Bilius chuckled, thinking it funny that they'd watched "children's programming" as he called it, but he did promise to give the show a go when Sirius persisted that he not knock it 'til he'd given it a try on for size. "You'll see," Sirius said. "I was a skeptic too until I'd watched it. Had me rolling. There's this bear that's a stand up comedian - funniest damn bear I ever heard."

"You realize how weird that sentence is, yeah?" Bilius asked. "Anyone else but you and I'd swear they were mad. You, I already know you're mad."

Sirius let out a barking laugh.

But even Remus was humming the music - possibly because of Sirius, like a contagion, but still, he was doing it just the same.

At Uni, Remus sat in the library working on a paper about the administrative responsibility of a school to serve the students who attended with a proper education and how it ought to be a school's objective to work with students with "conditions and disabilities" that might limit their ability to learn according to what a school's rules might dictate. The paper had Remus rather fired up - he found his topic to be terribly relevant, especially given his situation with the full moon nights, and he hoped that it might ignite some talk about the University's policies when he presented it. He cited the open enrollment policy and flexibility of Fallengunder School, although he knew the school wasn't certified by the Magical Board of Education at the Ministry.

Students of a particular educational administration should be provided with an environment that aims to keep a student on track to completing their educational goals. Intelligent students who are not shirking their own responsibilities to meet the requirements set forth by the administration ought not to be punished by circumstances that limit their ability to perform menial requirements. For example, while many students cannot succeed in carrying a satisfactory or more level in their lessons without attending, should I be capable of exceeding expectations but struggles with attendance, I should feel safe in the academic environment, and so supported by my university, that I ought to be able  ---