Chapter 11

Dil kyun yeh mera shor kare
Idhar nahi, udhar nahi
Teri or chale

Shuru ho gayi kahani meri
Mere dil ne baat na mani meri
Shuru ho gayi kahani meri
Mere dil ne baat na mani meri

Had se bhi aage yeh guzar hi gaya
Khud bhi pareshan hua
Aur mujhko bhi yeh kar gaya..

I see my husband sprawled on the bed. He looks so adorable while sleeping and the second he opens his eyes the Devil is back.

After I am done with my morning routine and get ready , he is waiting for me in the room. His sweatpants hanging low on his ass, and he is talking on the phone. His raspy voice brings me out of my thoughts

"I will be there by eight." He says, walking towards the closet and shutting the door.

Did he even notice me?

I have never craved attention in my life and always loved my solitude. But now suddenly I want him to give me his full attention. I know that's foolish of me to even think so.

I go downstairs to have breakfast with Dadisa and Dadosa spend some time with Lata di and help her in the kitchen.

It was only the three of us in the dining room when Riya Dhurv's wife came. The interaction between us has been very limited she looks like the mean girls shown in teen drama. But she is a beautiful woman , that I can say. She just took an apple and left the room . My mind wanders where it should not. She just took an apple for breakfast and looked at me having a plate of Khaman with chutny. Of course she takes care of her diet to maintain that zero figure of hers.

"When will your brother will come for the Pag phera. " Dadisa asked. "He will be here in the afternoon. " I replied and did some small talk. Till Bhaisa comes I don't have much to do. Maybe Rudra is still in the room I can fix him some breakfast, I open the door of the room but he is not there. I move to the balcony and see his car leaving the Mansion.

He didn't even say goodbye. Not that I expected.

I peek into the room next to the bedroom. And decided to take a look in his office and move it through the living room door. The room is spacious with a liquid cabinet occupying one side of the wall filled with different kinds of drinks mainly whiskey and wine. A desk with a computer, a door to the balcony, a big oversized comfy reading chair , a wall with a shelf full of books but it's not the furniture that grabbed my attention.

My heart is beating hard in my chest as I stare at the paintings. He doesn't look like someone to own two art pieces. My legs give up and I sit on the reading chair, my eyes not leaving the paintings. I clearly remember both the paintings, one was sold last year and it's almost two years since the first one was sold. The paintings depicting still life by Rina. He was the last person in the world to own these paintings.