Chapter 40

Happy Reading 📖

Taking a deep breath I open the bedroom door all set to face everyone specifically Rudra and my parents

Taking a deep breath I open the bedroom door all set to face everyone specifically Rudra and my parents. I don't want them to worry about Me in any way . Just a few days till a new scandal will happen and everyone will forget whatever was out there.

Everyone But Me.

I see Rudra reading the newspaper with one hand while sipping his coffee with the other standing in the kitchen , I went through Three entire newspapers when he was in the shower , keeping them as it is and thankfully there was not even a slight mention of any to us. But I still do not dare to face Rudra and answer the calls of Everyone.

" Don't do anything. " Rudra's voice brings Me out of my dilemma.

" Let Me help. " Still I get the plates out keeping them on the small table. He has made breakfast this is the least I can do.

" Aren't You getting late ?" I can't help but ask , why is he not dressed up , I want him to leave for the day quickly so that by the time He will come back from work I will get my shit together and be like a more mature person. I should learn something from him , I wasn't in this mess alone He was also there but He has taken it more maturely not like me who was bawling my eyes out. On that note my eyes sting every time I blink which is inevitable.

" I am not going today. " His words make Me pause.

" Why " I ask as we sit for breakfast and he serve Me the sandwiches he made.

" There is nothing Important today. " Wow! He could have thought of a better lie this is the lamest I have ever heard , he don't have anything important that is freaking impossible.

" You don't need to babysit Me you know that right . " I say not wanting him to skip work because of Me.

" I am not babysitting you. " He says munching on the sandwich and I do the same but every time I look at him I see concern and worry even pity in his eyes.

" You can go I am good , you don't need to worry about Me and Don't look at Me like That. " I should not have said it but he is looking at Me like I just got discharged from the hospital after an accident.

" Like what ? " He ask , his eyes still set on Me while I try my best to avoid his gaze.

" Like you... You pity Me. I am fine you can go. " My voice betraying my words.

" OK if you want Me to Go , I'll Go. And I don't Pity you. " His words surprised Me I didn't think that he would go.

" The sandwich is delicious. " I say trying to fill the awkward silence. But he doesn't say anything just keeps on eating.

" Don't play with the food. " I finally look at him at his words raising my eyebrows. " Finish everything. " He says getting up keeping his plate in the basin , going straight in our Room.