˗ˏˋ༻ʚ1ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Date, time, and place you're reading MITC.

EXAMPLE:
Date: 10/1/2024
Time: 12:59pm
Place: Lagos

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

The English teacher, Miss. Susan kept highlighting the rules of question tags on the board when a phone's notification sound decided to put her on hold. She turned with a glare and a deep frown as her eyes manoeuvred the classroom.

"Whose phone was it?" She asked sternly. Every student turned to each other, mumbling their response. She wasn't sure who the phone belonged to.

"I asked a question, didn't I?" Her loud voice made half the class flinch. With annoyance, Miss. Susan turned to the board, grumbling. "Students using phones should be banned from this school."

Sitting at the centre of the class was Danielle. She knew how strict Miss. Susan was and how easily irritated she could get. She didn't like noise, phone ring tones, or even too many questions in her class. Danielle thought she'd kept her phone on silent before the class, but it turned out she didn't. Slowly reaching for her phone in her backpack, she brought it out and quickly silenced it.

"It was you?" Kim asked. Kim was her seatmate. Because there were fewer in this class than in other classes, they weren't sitting in threes but in twos.

"Shhhh!" Danielle pressed her index finger against her mouth gesturing for Kim to keep quiet.

Kim pressed her lips tightly together and decided to face the teacher instead of Danielle. Danielle, seeing that Kim was no longer all up in her business, decided to read the SMS on her home screen.

𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝙸'𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝. 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚋 𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚑 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗.

Danielle smiled when she saw that message. Finally, her everyday threats had paid off. She smiled and placed the phone back in her skirt pocket. This was the fifth period that was leading to lunch break. She just couldn't wait for the class to be over.

Ding~

The alarm sounded almost immediately, and Danielle was the first to get up, gaining everyone's attention.

"Danielle!" Miss. Susan called out angrily. Danielle gulped. She was so excited that she'd forgotten that, Miss. Susan was still in class. "Am I a stone to you? Where are you rushing to?"

Danielle darted her eyes every which way while trying to find an excuse. She knew she wasn't supposed to leave the class before the teacher did unless it was important.

"What?" Miss. Susan eyed Danielle as she quickly cupped her butt while scrunching her face in discomfort.

"Ma," Danielle tried saying while pushing her weight from one foot to the other. "My stomach is acting funny and I think"

"Go, now!" She stretched her hands to the door for Danielle to leave immediately, and at the same time, the other students kept pinching the bridge of their noses in disgust.

Danielle wouldn't be told twice, as she dashed outside the classroom. She felt embarrassed that she had to use such an excuse, but a desperate situation called for desperate measures. She hurried over to the press club and opened the door. The inside of the room was dark. Danielle felt the walls with her palm so she could look for the switch.