˗ˏˋ༻ʚ16ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

This chapter is dedicated to my baby sis HappyAkpan she called me on the phone on Saturday demanding an update and a dedication😂... Enjoy😘

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

I couldn't stay still, no matter how hard I tried. I'd refused to even eat the food downstairs because I knew Debby would see right through me. I was in my room, locked up in my own space. It wasn't six yet, so it was possible to call Mrs. Emma and ask if she could give the phone to Seidi. Why would she make the rules of sending each other mail on Mondays and Fridays? It was meant to be every day. 

I looked at the assignment on my reading table. It was just the centre page of a higher education note, knowing I had an essay to write. An essay that was meant to be nothing less than two-fifty words was meant to be submitted before the morning assembly. I couldn't concentrate; I just couldn't. Krystian filled my head and was stopping me from doing anything resourceful. I couldn't believe I could have this many cold feet. Was this how I was going to get my sister's killer? By getting scared all the time?

I pushed my chair backwards as I couldn't take it any longer and moved to the bed to grab my phone so I could dial Mrs. Emma's number. She'd answered in one go, making me give out a small smile. I'd missed her and my previous school. Nothing in my new school could be compared with that of my previous school.

"Delphine, it's great to see your call," Mrs. Emma chirped over the phone. "How are you, and how is Lagos?"

"Very fine, ma," I answered. "I miss you so much." That was the truth.

"How's your new school?" She asked, I'd always seen her as a motherly figure, and that wasn't going to change no matter the distance. "I hope it isn't that stressful."

"It isn't, ma." That wasn't the truth. "I've learned to adapt."

"That's so great to hear. I was really worried about how you're going to do in your new school and all of that."

"You don't have to worry, ma," I reassured her. "I'm fine." There was a small pause before I dared to continue. "Mrs. Emma, I've been wanting to speak to Seidi. I miss her so much."

"Ah, your best friend," she said, not surprised at my request. "I'll send someone to go find her; I'm sure she'd be happy to speak to you as well. But you'll have to end the call, and I'll get to you once she comes to the office."

"Thank you very much, ma!" I exclaimed, then ended the call. I sat at the edge of my bed with my phone beside me while looking at the screen every second, hoping to see Mrs. Emma's call in a flash. It was going to be difficult to talk about this in front of Mrs. Emma, but I was so sure Seidi would figure something out. She was smart.

Buzz~Buzz

I jumped and reached for my phone in seconds. "Hello, Mrs. Emma."

"Hello Delphine, Seidi's here to say hi." I heard some ruffling from their end before Seidi's voice filled my ear.

"Delphine, oh my God, how are you doing?!" I missed my best friend, and just hearing her voice was enough proof. 

"Fine, how's everything with you and school?" I asked her.

"Same old, same old. I mostly hang out with Davidson." I couldn't find myself feeling bad about her hanging out with Davidson, given how distressed I was.

"Seidi," I called out slowly. 

"Mhm?"

I gulped, then sighed to release some tension within me. "Is the phone on loudspeaker?"