˗ˏˋ༻ʚ12ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

This chapter is dedicated to Divy_loves_flowers

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

All the way home, I couldn't take the fact that Ore had just threatened me out of my head. The way her smile and gaze held so much malice was the most disturbing part of it all. So many times I tried to shake off the fact that she was bluffing, but so many times I wondered if she'd threatened Danielle as well.

So you better watch your back. . . .

Who was she to threaten me? What effrontery did she think she had to say that to my face? I was in a rage; so many comebacks I wish I could've said to her were flooding my head.

Climbing down the Keke, I paid the driver and turned to the black gate. Looking at the gate in front of me, I tried not to ponder on what happened between Ore and me. I knocked on the gate, the security man opened it, and I stepped in. I wished my sister and Trust weren't at home, but that prayer was short-lived as I tried the handle and the door opened.

Not on speaking terms . . .

I walked in on my sister resting her head on her boyfriend's lap as they both watched the American movie showing on TV. I acted like no one was in the living room as I turned to the stairs.

"Delphine," I stopped, refusing to turn to my sister. She'd taken sides, and irrespective of how little it must have seemed, it hurt that she did.

"Hey!" I sensed my sister beside me within seconds. I let out a shaky breath. "Are you going to keep ignoring me because of yesterday?" I closed my eyes, trying hard to contain myself. "Danielle is no more, Delphine. I don't like the fact that we're maintaining malice. I love you."

I bit my lower lips and turned to my sister. "Sister Debby, I was just—" I stopped myself as Debby shook her head quietly.

"Let's forget it, okay?" She said that, giving me a warm smile. "Let's act like nothing happened, alright?"

Millions were leaving the company, and it was hard to pretend like nothing happened. This company wasn't hers alone, but mine. It belonged to our family, but her boyfriend was embezzling as much as he could while he was still in control of everything.

I looked at my sister with a sorry gaze, then smiled and nodded. "Sure."

Just because she wanted to act like it was nothing doesn't mean I'd do the same. I'd get enough proof for her that it would be difficult to ignore. Again, I scolded myself for not taking pictures.

"I got invited to a classmate's birthday bash," I said to my sister while pulling my backpack to the front and opening the zipper to bring out the invitation card. I handed it to Debby and watched her quietly read the content on it.

"Invites only," She read the large words written in bold letters.

"You're already gaining attention at your school," I frowned, watching Trust as he turned his attention to me. "You should be careful of these boys at your age; they're bad for you."

I rolled my eyes and focused on Debby. "Can I go?"

Debby smiled and nodded. She handed me back the invite, and I held it securely. "Be back by eight."

"Thank you," I grinned, in an attempt to cover my true emotions. "I'll be going to Kim's place after I've eaten." I noticed the confused look on Debby's face. "She's my seat partner."

"You sound like she's close to you," Debby nudged me. "Don't be afraid to make new friends, okay?"

I nodded and moved to the stairs before ascending them to my room. I got to my room and placed the invite and backpack on my bed before moving to the side of my wardrobe and taking a picture of the murder board before sending it to Seidi's email, with my thoughts attached to it, and also the fact that I was going to a party I got invited to. I noticed Seidi also sent an email to me, but I refused to open it. I planned to do so after the party.