˗ˏˋ༻ʚ5ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

This chapter is dedicated to PreshyO_

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Officer Jerry felt reluctant when giving the press the news about the case that happened at one of Nigeria's best secondary schools, Greenville High School.

"It turned out to be a suicide case," he'd said, "and now we hope for the family members to recover from this shock."

Every article, both national and international, reported his statement and the public was left with one question: Why? Why would a girl as young as Danielle take her own life?

Many speculated that she was terrorised by gangs from her school, knowing it was a school for the rich and possibly had no strict supervision. Others said she was probably depressed by the things going on in her family. No one knew what really happened, but every commenter agreed on the fact that she committed suicide based on Officer Jerry's public statement.

Debby was not sure how to take the news when Officer Jerry visited to tell her the final statement at her doorstep. Danielle doing this to herself was just too hard to believe. She wasn't sure how to grieve, knowing it was all over the Internet, and she had to be strong or pretend to be strong, cause of Delphine. It must be tough, she'd thought, knowing the bond between Danielle and Delphine. She wasn't sure how to tell Delphine the news either, so she relied on Mrs. Emma for help.

Debby looked around the airport while checking the time. She'd spoken to Mrs. Emma the last two weeks, and the latter had informed her that the school was granting Delphine's request to come home for a few days. She was relieved after hearing that. She wanted Delphine home, not just for Delphine's sake but also for her sake as well.

She'd cried a river last night after remembering Officer Jerry's words about her sister, Danielle. People from the Internet had gone over to her Facebook and Instagram accounts to express their sympathy under random posts she'd made in the past.

She'd received over a thousand followers on Instagram after it was made public that she was Danielle's older sister. A thousand followers she'd always prayed for, but not in this way. Good thing she'd left Delphine out.

With Delphine schooling in a boarding school and hardly being home, she had no time to socialise on the Internet. Debby and Danielle had pressured her to make other accounts aside from WhatsApp, but she'd refused, saying she wouldn't have time for it because she'd be going back to school anyway.

Now Debby couldn't help but see Delphine's decision as a good thing. No one on the Internet was aware of her to bombard her with unreasonable questions. The questions from the Internet were depressing in a way, and the only shoulder she could lean on was Trust.

She wasn't sure why Danielle and Delphine hated him so much. Yes, he cheated once, which made them fight as hell, and almost broke up. But he came back, apologising, and it was sincere enough for her to give him a second chance.

"Sis Debby!" Debby looked up to see her baby sister, Delphine, and realisation hit her. Delphine was the only family she had left.

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

I flipped to the second page of the school's handbook to look at the picture of the vice principal. The vice principal was a man, probably in his forties; he was dark in complexion with lots of facial hair. He had friendly eyes that were almost hidden by the big-rimmed glasses resting up his crooked nose. I flipped through other pages until I landed on the ones I was interested in: sports.