˗ˏˋ༻ʚ17ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Updates are now every Saturday. Starting from next week.

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

 Krystian looked directly into my eyes and blinked a few times. My question had left him mute, as if cats had gotten under his tongue. Kim's White was probably in school. I blamed myself for thinking of her. I didn't want anything to do with Kim at the time, and we weren't on speaking terms.

"Krystian," I said while folding my arms as I was no longer afraid of him. "What's holding your tongue?"

"You seem to think you have me cornered. I'm going to tremble with terror and admit to crimes I didn't do." Krystian smiled charmingly. "Better luck next time, new girl."

"It's because she's not your sister." He was going to step away from me when I unfolded my arms. His remarks matched mine, and it hurt. "Because if she was, you would be fighting like crazy to make sure she got the justice she deserved. You don't have to explain what transpired that day to me. I'll find it out myself, even if it is the last thing I do."

I spun and proceeded towards the classroom. Talk with him, Seidi advised. Talking with him at least, it appeared he wasn't concerned that I was Danielle's sister.

I quickly apologised after running into Toyosi, on my way back to class. She smiled kindly at me.

"It's fine. Heading back to class?" I nodded. She looked over my shoulder. "I thought I heard Krystian's voice."

"Yeah, I was talking to him not too long," I responded half-heartedly but became more aware when her warm smile lost its warmth. "I was asking him about the next subject and if he had an interest in the press club. I heard he was the last person to be there before Danielle's death."

"Oh," Toyosi nodded, "talking to him about the next subject. Aren't you on speaking terms with Kim?" I laughed off her question and disregarded the fact that she pretended that I hadn't just made a full statement. And talking terms with Kim? Was she subtly attempting to uncover rumours?

"I'm off to class, Toyosi," I said, giving her a small smile before avoiding her and returning to the classroom. Naturally, I felt her eyes following me, but I made an intentional attempt to ignore her.

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

With my laptop open and Danielle's thumb drive clinging to the edge, I lay on my bed. I had to see if she had made any other drafts unrelated to the love lives of the Elites.

I swayed my legs back and forth in midair, searching through articles for something useful. My phone beside me kept buzzing while showing new messages on my home screen. Kim suggested that the class create a WhatsApp chat group, using the science class from the previous set as an example, which helped the most difficult student in that class.

Naturally, I was cool with the idea—I was all for anything that could help learning—but instead, they turned the group chat into a gossiping site.

Buzz~Buzz

I glanced at my home screen as my phone lit up. 

𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙼𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚐𝚎: 𝚂𝚜𝟹 𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚜¦𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚖
𝙳𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚛 𝙽𝚜𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚗 𝚘𝚗 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖? 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙳𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚊𝚕! 

I shook my head at the post and focused on the laptop screen instead. We were in Ss3, so what other seniors were they talking about? I'd given up on chatting in the group, seeing that the first thing a boy decided to talk about in the group was Miss. Susan's flat ass. His words, not mine.