˗ˏˋ༻ʚ10ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

Surprise update!

Warning: offensive words ahead.

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

I sat on the track as I stretched my legs while watching Ore race Nerit and Chika. I haven't spoken much in school after my conversation with Hymn yesterday, and Kim didn't have the time to feel upset as she kept questioning my change in mood. What was I to say to her exactly?

The girls finally finished running laps, with Ore coming first, Nerit right behind her, and Chika coming in third. Ore and Nerit went over to their belongings at the side to grab each other a bottle of water. Chika, on the other hand, was called separately, and Mr. Akpan was giving feedback on what she was lacking.

"Nerit, are you up for another lap?" He questioned her, and she nodded. He looked at the girls before calling out, "Joy," a fair-skinned girl with a petite body figure, stepped out. "Let's see you both. At the sound of my whistle, one, two."

Phew!

And both sprinted off like they were up for a real competition. Chika made her way to me, accompanied by her best friend, Daniela. Both sat in front of me as they mirrored my warm-up routine. I traced my eyes to Nerit as she overtook Joy, and I sighed.

"I heard about her," I stated.

"Who?" Daniela questioned.

"Nerit," I clarified, looking at Daniela. "I heard about the awful article Danielle made about her."

"Oh, that," Daniela hissed like it wasn't a big deal. "Nemesis caught up with her. "

"Nemesis? What do you mean by that? That's an awful thing to say. She got fat-shamed in the worst way possible."

"Abegi!" Daniela brushed it off instantly. "Worst kini? Chika, tell her!"

"What happened to Nerit was karma in the form of Danielle," Chika leaned towards me. "You've just spent like a week in this school, so you don't know what's up."

"Do you know Shola from Ss3 commercial class, Chika's class?" Asked Daniela. I shook my head. "Chika, tell her."

"Shola got it hot-hot from Nerit," Chika began. "Anyone being told the story will feel pity towards Nerit, especially when they don't know what Nerit did."

"You're beating around the bush," I said impatiently. "Tell me the main thing."

"Be like our friend here, like gist," Daniela nudged her chin in my direction. "Chika, tell her."

"Being fat-shamed isn't the only body shaming there is. Shola got body shamed by Nerit daily."

"Thin shamed," Daniela added.

I scoffed, "Is that a thing?"

"So fat-shaming can be a thing, and skinny-shaming, or thin-shaming, according to Daniela, can't be?" Chika frowned deeply at me, and I curled to myself and kept quiet.

"Nerit is such a hypocrite," Chika snarled. "She kept on taunting Shola by calling her names like bone straight, toothpick, and so much more. The worst is that she kept saying these words in front of people whenever Shola decided to walk by or pass her. I'm in Shola's class. I firsthand witnessed how Nerit's comment broke her down.

"Shola couldn't leave her seat anymore," Chika continued, folding her arms. Even Daniela looked like she was contemplating whether she should end the discussion or not. "She comes to school right before assembly, and after that, she stays glued to her seat. She couldn't go to the restroom because the boys began calling her names like flat nyash or making other comments like dry bones shall rise again, these nasty comments were made by Nerit because she was always at the centre.