˗ˏˋ༻ʚ6ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

This chapter is dedicated to @OyaigbevwenVictory happy birthday!

MITC officially has over 1k reads and it's all thanks to y'all ❤️❤️❤️

˗ˏˋ༻ʚ♡︎ɞ༺ˎˊ˗

The next day came in swiftly with yet another heavy rain. I got ready in my school uniform and my bag hanging low on both shoulders as I walked out of my room with the door closed.

Yesterday wasn't what I expected, but I guess I could call it progress. I got to know another story about Danielle's death and about the fact that Krystian might have had a hand in it. I wanted to tell all this to Seidi since she was the only one I could talk to, but we agreed to summarise everything that happened in both schools on Fridays while giving responses on Mondays. I mean, I could give my response on Fridays since I had a laptop and phone at arm's length, but I needed to wait for when Seidi could get her hands on electronics again.

"Morning Delphine," Debby greeted. Good thing she was the only one at the table.

"Morning, sister," I said, pulling my backpack and placing it on the foot of the chair I was about to sit on. I slid the tea she'd prepared toward me and stirred it quietly.

"Let me call in an Uber," I heard her say.

"Can you not?" I questioned, stopping my sister's action. "I mean," I shrugged slightly, "it costs a lot, and there's keke and buses around."

"You want to take keke and buses?" Debby questioned. 

"People take it," I answered.

"Because that's what they can afford." It felt like she couldn't believe I was even considering those options. "I'll take you to school."

"We've talked about this," I sighed.

"Then let's—" I was grateful she could stop herself before calling his name. "It's raining." 

"It's rainy season." As if that wasn't enough, I pointed at the umbrella I'd placed close to the front door when I came back from school yesterday, and it was still there. "And there's an umbrella."

"But keke?"

"Okay, I'll take the bus." I wasn't going back on my decision anyway. I'd kept my socks and sneakers in my backpack and was ready to put on my rubber slippers until I got to school. I mean, what was the point of entering a fancy cab when I'd get splashed on at the end of the day?

"This is ridiculous," Debby said, while Trust decided to grace us with his presence. "Okay, you do you."

I was glad she was agreeing to my decision, as I gulped down the remains of my tea while Trust walked up to her and pecked her on both cheeks. I wasn't sure why both were fighting based on Danielle's report in the past, but I hope they had remained separated.

"Bye, sis Debby!" I announced while completely ignoring Trust. I rushed out of the living room while not forgetting to get the umbrella.

It felt nice strolling outside in the heavy rain. I mean, there were no worries because I had an umbrella above me. Yes, I got splashed on a few occasions, but none went above my knees. There was a bus stop at the street junction, but I had to trek to get there. I finally got a bus that was going in my school's direction for one-fifty, and I got in. Inside the moving vehicle, I thought of ways to talk to Kim. I wanted her to open up about certain things that could lead me to anything, and I had the best way to start.

After Ore had turned me down yesterday, I didn't have time to tell Kim all about it because she was busy with her class rep duties. I thought it was the best time to bring it up.